"I'm ready when you are,"

"Payton Apple Iero, What do you think?"

"I think you better not name my daughter Apple," I said opening my heavy eyes to see him standing over me.

"Non?" he grabbed my hand gently.

"You better not name my daughter Apple," I said a little louder.

"You just sealed it," he said with a smile and tears in his eyes. "We tried this three times this morning and Apple was the only one that woke you up,"

"Where is Payton?" I asked a little bit of panic coming to my voice.

"She's in the nursery with Danae and Pete. They are staying with her while I try and get you to wake up,"

"How long have I been out?"

"Two days," he said.

"Can I see Payton?" I asked, I just needed to see her and see that she was okay for myself.

"I'll go get the doctor and then have them send her in," the nurse said leaving us alone.

"What other names did you try?" I asked, I was trying to keep my mind off of the IV pumping god knows what into my arm.

"I tried your mother's name, I tried my mother's name," I smiled remembering that neither of our mothers were our favorite people at the moment. "Then I tried Gertrude," I screwed up my face to show my distaste for the name. He just laughed a little. "But you only woke up for Apple." he crawled into the bed next to me and laid his head on my chest. "Don't ever scare me like that again, Nonnie Lynn Iero," he scolded. "I don't know what I would have done if..."

"Shuuuu, I'm fine, she's fine. Everything's okay," I said wrapping my arms around him to give him a little comfort. I felt myself drifting back off to sleep as the doctor came into the room.

"Mr. Iero I know you are happy, but I have to ask you to refrain from getting into her bed. We don't want her staples to reopen." Frank pried my arms from around him and sat in the chair beside my bed.

"Can I see Payton now?" I asked. Hoping he would hurry up and leave.

"Now Mrs. Iero your sister is holding your baby in the nursery," I looked over at Frank, and he just nodded that it was okay. I was a little worried cause I don't have a sister. "I just have to make sure everything is going okay with you," he said, "Now how are you feeling?"

"I'm a little tired," I said.

"That's to be expected, any pain?" I thought for a second.

"No, I'm numb from the neck down." I said he smiled. I couldn't feel any pain, but I don't think he would have asked unless I was supposed to.

"If you do feel any pain, just push this button it will give you a dose of morphine." I nodded my understanding and he continued with the checkup. I was going to have a nasty scar after this. "Everything seems to be fine, better than we could have hoped for. 1 out of 99 women have Amniotic Fluid Embolism during childbirth and only 1 out of 10 who do survive. Even less without brain damage, you are very fortunate."

"Thank you doctor, I think you just scarred my husband even more," I could tell cause he was squeezing my hand.

"You said she was going to be fine," he said obviously mad that he was lied to.

"I told you what you wanted to hear," the doctor said matter-of-factly.

"Thank you doctor, you can leave now," I said now I was holding onto Frank's hand. I could tell he was royally pissed off at the doctor and there was no telling what he would do if I let him go. The doctor turned to leave. "Can you have them send in Payton? I still haven't..." the door opened and Danae and Pete came in.