Chapter 1: New Home, New Job

Start from the beginning

"Yes mom I completely understand the schedule." I said.

"Remember you only work full time during Spring break." She kept looking at me as I picked at the rest of my food.

"When the break is over you'll take the car and go to school just as you always have, okay."

"Okay." I answered plainly.

It's not like I didn't want to talk to her. I love my mom more than any one else but I don't know what else to say. What does a son who ruined his mom's life have to say to her?

"Umm... Are you done?" I know she notices how different its been but she hasn't said anything.

"Yeah, I am, but Umm... I'll take it." I got up and rinsed my plate and other dishes before placing it in the dish washer

"We should probably continue unpacking." She said.

"Yeah, probably should." I walked to my room.

I sat on my bed and just thought about my dad. Seeing as I'm the reason he left my mom and all. I can't even look her in the eye without feeling incredibly guilty for all the emotional pain it must have caused her to see the man she loved walk out on her and know that I'm the cause of it. I want to have the sort of relationship with my mom that I used to but I don't think that'll happen anytime soon. I sighed as I stared into the empty room that'd I'd have to get used to sleeping in.

Alex's P.O.V

Mom told me something about how Dianna's son is going to be helping her out a little during Spring break and that when school starts he'll only be working part time. Apparently he goes to a different school than seeing as he's supposed to be really smart, he goes to an academy which by the way is really hard to get into. Well, something like that, Dianna is constantly talking about her son to my mom and I sometimes get a earful of information about him. Although recently Dianna hasn't really talked much about him or anything for that matter. She seems sort of depressed. My train of thought caught off as there was a knock on my door. I walk over to the door and opened it to reveal Dianna.

"Hello I'm sorry I took so long I needed to make my son something to eat before he started unpacking. Here's your water." She handed me the glass of water I always had before going to sleep.

"Are you Ok, I mean I've been meaning to say something but I didn't want to be rude, but you've been sort of depressed lately." I'm not sure if I was stepping my bounds, no I know I am it's just I can't keep quiet about this, I care too much.

Dianna is a good woman she's nice and she treats everyone in this house kindly, she's almost like a part of the family. I can't stand to see her so upset.

"Things happened with me and my husband and well my son and I aren't really talking as much as he used to he seems..." She struggles to find the right words for it. "Distant."

"I'm sorry about whatever happened between you and your husband, and about your son, have you tried just talking to him?" I looked into her eyes.

"He's not really speaking much at the moment." She sighed sadly but then her faced changed to a sad smile as she tried to lighten the mood even though her eyes make it look like she's about to cry.

I smile sympathetically at her.

"I have to go now, help Ethan unpack and such." She walked down the hall and I knew she was crying.

Ethan, that must be her son's name. I've never really met him let alone seen him. The only pictures of him Dianna ever showed my mom are his baby pictures and I couldn't even see them. I wonder what he looks like. I kind of pictured a male version of a young Dianna. Maybe he takes after Dianna's husband. but I never met him so I wouldn't know what to picture.

Either way I hope everything between him and his mom are fixed. She doesn't deserve to surer the way she clearly is.

April 20, 2016

*future me* Why. The. Fuck. Did. I. Publish. This. Shit. Chapter? It's so fucking bad like I'm cringing so hard right now. Oh, when this story ends it's going though hell of editing.

July 29, 2022 3:19 a.m.

I did some editing on this chapter. I didn't wanna change too much because I still wanna keep the heart of the story at bay. This story honestly gets so chaotic that as it goes on I'm probably gonna end up editing a lot more. I am glad a lot of you are enjoying it though. I'm very thankful for all the new reader and all the new voters you're amazing. I cannot thank you all enough. Anyways for all the new people just be thankful you didn't read the last version. I wanna make a cast list for this story and fix that awful book trailer. :)