Chapter 24

Clint took care of me for the days that came. Jeff was off tending to any minor injuries that came to the other Gladers. And Newt still hadn't come to see me. Despite Minho's nagging, the boy was still to come out of his room. I wished so bad that I could get out of the damn bed and go make sure he was alright, but on the other hand, he had been mad at me before all of this happened. Maybe, he never wanted to see my face ever again.

Minho had gone back to running every day. Leo and Gally had taken turns spending the day with me so that I didn't go crazy alone. I was so thankful of them. Leo caught me up on all of the gossips around the glade, which was surprisingly a lot for all boys. They were mostly about what happened that night with Tony and I. Gally kept me laughing. It had felt good to laugh. Gally was one of my best friends, no, he was more like a brother to me. I wondered if we had known each other before the maze. I hadn't had any memories come back to him, but then again still an incredibly large amount of my life was still unknown.

As for Tony, I was told that no one saw him since that night. He had escaped the grasps of the Gladers and had hidden in the Deadheads until the Maze doors opened in the morning. The Runners hadn't found his body, but there was no way he had survived the first night out there. No one ever survived a night in the maze.

But when I thought about what Thomas has once mentioned to me, I couldn't help but wonder if this had all been a ploy that WICKED had created. WICKED was about to control every single one of us if they wanted, so what if Tony had actually been a really nice guy that had been controlled by the Creators? What if they had sacrificed him for this goddamn experiment? I could have been the very reason that an innocent boy was killed.

"Minho," I mumbled, looking up at the muscular boy that had just entered my cramped medical room.

"How you holding up?" He asked, coming over to the bed and crouching down beside me.

"I think I'm going to go stir crazy if I don't get out of here soon. I have spent far too much time in this room. Probably more than I actually have out in the Maze and you have no idea how badly it irritates me," I responded, trying to push myself up, but wincing at the pain in my stomach and laying back down. "There is something I need to talk to you about."

Minho's eyes filled with curiosity and concern, "what is it? It's not about Newt again, is it? Because that shucking shank is driving me absolutely mad."

"No, it's about Tony," I muttered.

"Raven, what the shuck could you possibly want to talk about?"

"What if he was only acting that way because of the Creators? Minho, you know about the Grievers, I can control them, so is it that far of a stretch to think that WICKED could have made Tony do those things? He could have been an innocent boy who was made to do the Creators dirty work and-"

"Stop right there," Minho interrupted, "I've heard enough of this. I don't know anything about this, but I do know what I saw. Raven, Tony wasn't a good person. That shucking boy can go rot in hell for all I care."

I sighed. I should have known that Minho wouldn't even give it a chance. That only made me think more of Newt. He might be my only chance of feeling better about this. But I had no idea if he ever wanted to see me again.

~

Minho helped me down the stairs to the second floor of the homestead. My bedroom's door was thrown open and I could tell that someone had been in there. I raised my eyebrows at Minho who just shrugged.

"You needed some fresh clothes," he explained.

"So you thought that you could just destroy my room looking for some?" I questioned, removing my arm from around his shoulders and crossing my arms over my chest.