Chapter 22

I had tried to spend the night in my own room, but I couldn't get any sleep. After sleeping for so long with Newt's warm body beside me. My room felt cold and empty. But I knew that there was no way that Newt would want me to sleep beside him tonight. He hadn't talked to me since dinner, but not for a lack of me trying. He always seemed to have a reason to that he was just too busy. 

After a number of hours tossing and turning, writing in my journal, and pacing excessively around my room. I climbed out of bed and walked down to the Bloodhouse. I stood at the fence and watched some cows graze in the field. I picked some grass out of the ground and climbed through the fence. A couple of the cows looked up at me, but then went back to grazing. I walked over to the closest cow. I flattened my palm and rested the grass on it. The cow eyed up the grass in my hand before biting it out of my hand. It licked its tongue along my hand and removed any last remnants of grass, leaving a thick layer of slobber behind. I smiled and reached out patting its neck gently.

"Princess, you really need to learn to not walk around late at night alone. The world is a very scary place," I knew the voice right away, Tony. I spun around towards him.

"Tony, go back to bed. You don't want to do this," I'm not sure how I kept my voice so calm. I was terrified.

He let out a menacing laugh, "I saw there is a bit of trouble in paradise tonight. I can make you forget all about that. You don't even have to say the word."

"Please, Tony," I said, taking a step back. I could yell and wake up a lot of Gladers, but I didn't want to cause a scene if I could deal with it myself.

He began to walk towards me. I stepped behind a cow so that it was in between us. I saw the fence was just to my left, if I made a run for it I could probably make it there before Tony could catch up. I took one last look at him and sprinted. I ran as fast as I could to the fence. I was almost there when something sharp made contact with my lower leg. I fell to the ground. A knife stuck about into inch into my leg. I wanted to scream out in pain but resisted. I grabbed the knife and yanked it out of my leg, closing my eyes tightly and gritting my teeth.

Tony was walking towards me like I was his prey. I rolled over and tried to get to my feet. But before I could, Tony had grabbed onto my hurt leg. His thumb pressed down onto where the knife had been.

"You left me no choice, Princess. I didn't want to hurt you. Here, this will help you from talking back," Tony pulled a long piece of tape from a roll in his pocket and wrapped it completely around my head and over my mouth. "I know a lot of people just tape the mouth, but I believe most people can remove it easier. When it is around the head, it is much more sturdy," he then grabbed my hands and used the remaining tape to tie them together, "it's just a shame that I can't kiss those dirty little lips of yours now." 

I tried to scream at him that he was a foul, disgusting excuse for a human being. However, the tape only made it come out as furious mumbles. He leaned down close to my ear, "my naive princess." He began sucking hard on my neck. It was hurt. I tried to scream but it was met with the same result. His hands roamed my body, touching me everywhere. 

I squirmed underneath him as I tried to free myself. I used my good leg and flailed, hitting him anywhere I could. He growled out in pain once I was able to connect my knee with his gut. He grabbed my leg and forced it down underneath him so that it was completely trapped.

"Don't make me use this on your again," he lifted the knife up that had my blood still on the tip. He flipped the knife so that he could also use the hand to start unbuttoning my pants. I screamed through the tape. "Shut up!" he hissed and brought the knife down on my bicep. The knife wound began to pour blood.

Tony lowered his head back down to my neck. This time he bit my ear though. It felt hard even to draw blood. He lifted my shirt up so it was over my head. My sports bra was the only thing covering me. Tony shifted on top of me so that he was straddling me, closer to my knees so that he could begin removing the jeans. Bad move on his part. I swung my leg up in between his legs with as much force as I could muster. There was a fire in his eyes, but the pain caused him to freeze on top of me. I used my hands to hit him in the head and knock him off of me. I scrambled to my feet and limped my way over to the fence.

Tony had recovered and caught up with me. I felt the knife go deep into my back. I fell forward from the force and crashed into the fence. The wood snapped loudly. Tony pulled the knife from my back and flipped me over. Splinters from the broken wood pricked me. He brought the knife down on my stomach.