28

*Zander's P.O.V.*

I woke up with a pounding head. I could feel the cold wind hit spots that I wish were hidden from sight. I heard beeping start to pick up their pace.

I could feel things against skin. A was laying on something very hard.

"I know you're awake," a male voice said. "It seems you have suffered a light concussion and a broken leg."

This is when I finally register where I am. The stupid Hospital. With just one look at the guy, I knew it was.

Flashed of what happened in the car came rushing to me. "Sky. How is Sky." Those were my first words to him. I quickly tried to sit up, but was restrained from the pain shooting up my leg.

"Settle down, boy. You do not need your leg to get even worse than it already is." Their was a pause before he continued. "Is Skyler Hicks a relative of yours, or are you romantically involved?" I think this is how I will get some information.

"Dating." I reply. It's not, well, not true. It's just that it's been only a few hours. I think. Don't entirely know how long I have been out. I hope it was only for an hour.

"Skyler is in a comma right now. It seems she will be fine, but we do not know what brain injuries she has," he replied.

"In English?" I asked.

"We don't know much. All we know is that she seems to be in a comma. For all we know, she could be almost brain dead." Another pause. "We are getting her parents, so we can see if she will be on life support. Right now, she is until we have their say."

"Would I get a little say?"

"I would doubt it. It's the legal guardians choice."

"I have a question," I told him. I knew that this might help.

"I may have an answer."

"If they say she will be receiving no life support, would they end up going to jail because of their choice of a death of a minor?"

"I may need to check how old she is, but I would assume so."

"So, if she is under the age of eighteen, she will receive life support no matter what?"

"That is correct."

"I can tell you right now, she is seventeen."

"I will have to check on that." Without anymore, the doctor left.

The only thing going in my mind was that Sky could possibly die. Now, I need to go see her.

*Sky's P.O.V*

I could see nothing but blackness. I could move anything. I felt like, well, a cloud. I felt so weightless that I was a bird, up in the clouds.

I can't see, but if I did it wouldn't matter. All I know is that's it's hell, and it came to get me for the first time. I like this feeling, but I feel as if it's wrong. As if I need to get back to someplace, but I don't know where.

I can't really feel or tell where I am. I can just make out distant voices.

"Sky, I need you," I heard someone say. I really don't know who. "Jenna needs you too."

"Come on, Sky. Are you sure you want to leave him? That big, hunky, hot guy?" I saw a girl that looked just like me.

"No." I was rejoiced that I could speak, and yet confused.

"You have been out for a week. Tomorrow is your birthday. You should wake up for that, if not for Zander," she continued.

"Zander..." I liked the sounds of that. I should try to open my eyes. Maybe see his face...