25

You see, you would think that everything would be fine now, right? Like the perfect happily ever after anyone would get in the cruel, cruel place we call home. But, nothing is ever what it seams. Trust me. You have only heard the beginning.

-----------------

"Sky! Sky!" I heard the little chirpy voice of Jenna say in my bedroom.

"What, Hun?" I asked her, not looking up.

"I lost a tooth!"

"Really?" Great. Time to tell Zander that the tooth fairy needs to come and take a visit.

"Yeah! Right here!" She opened her mouth to show me.

"That's cool, Jen! Don't forget to put the tooth under your pillow for the tooth fairy!" Wonder if I'll have to do it.

She ran out of my room, probably to go to Zander, squealing. It's been about a few weeks since my out burst. And, within those weeks, Jenna has turned seven. I think she was really happy that I was still here. The thing is, I was a bit too.

In a way it has been a little awkward lately since we now live under the same roof and act like parents to Jenna. I guess it must be the fact that we are the only 'adults' in the 'house.'

Reluctantly, I got out of my wonderful bed. I walked slowly to my closet to get some cloths. I found a Paramore t-shirt and one of my ripped, almost black, dark blue skinny jeans.

Taking off my loose t-shirt and shorts, I pulled all of the cloths I found on. I honestly don't know why it takes other girls my age to take hours to get dressed. It's not like we're going to the red carpet or something.

I brushed my blonde hair, that now has one blue streak on the left side, in a high ponytail.

I walked out if my room, and into the kitchen. I think I just might drop out of high school, and come back to it later. I mean, it's not like I'd be missing much. Plus, I already have a job that pays well.

I walked into the kitchen, and found Zander there making Jenna a PB&J sandwich. I grabbed two apples and one orange since I was at the fruit basket. I walked over to where the brown bag was for Jenna's lunch, and that was near Zander.

As I gently dropped an apple and an orange in it, I spoke to Zander, but didn't look at him. "I think I'm going to drop out of school." I paused when I heard him stop to look at me.

I looked up to see him about to speak, but I cut him off, "it might help. I'm not going to miss much, and I have a good paying job. I also want to know when you are going to kick me out. I know it won't last very long anyways."

I saw him walk over to me, his face so close to mine that I could smell his breath. It wasn't as bad as I would think it would be with it only seven in the morning.

"I would never kick you out. Jenna loves you. You are like a mom to her. A real mom that she never got to have. I feel lucky that I get to have you live here. As for school, it would never be the same," he told me, it felt as if he would lean in just a little more and our lips would meet.

I was literally speechless. I never would have thought he would say that. I would think he would have kicked me out a while ago. I mean, I did get his gang to go to jail.

Just then Jenna came in. "I'm ready to go to school now!" She seemed over happy today. Maybe it's because she lost a tooth. Or...

"Can Sky take me to school, Zandy?" Jenna asked, taking me out of my thoughts.

"If Sky is up for it," Zander told her, finishing up packing her lunch.

"I'm good and up for it." Sadly. At least we don't have to go to school supper early.

"Just come straight back," Zander told me. I almost want to ask him why, but his face told me not to.

After walking into my room for my keys, I walked back out and grabbed Jenna's lunch. This isn't the first time I'm taking her to school, so I know what to do.

"Jenna, do you have everything in your backpack? I've got your lunch!" I called out to her, knowing she is in her room.

"Yes!" I heard her shout back.

"Ok, then. Now go say bye to Zander!"

Within a few minutes she walked back out with her Disney Princess pack back on her back. "Ready?" I asked.

"Yep!"

"I'll be back!" I yelled to Zander, not waiting for a reply as I walked out with Jenna.