24

I woke up in arms that I didn't know was there. I could feel my eyes still tired, and hair all messed up. I didn't even try to get up before I remembered my outburst of tears from last night.

I started to curl up from my own self hate. I feel so weak now. Tears just show weakness to anyone who sees them. That is what I was told my whole life, and what I told myself.

"Shh, it's alright," I heard a voice whisper to me. I immediately knew that it was Zander. I felt him pet my hair, in a weird yet soothing way.

I could feel myself relax in him arms. For a reason I still have yet to figure out. Sometimes I just wish I was smart enough to figure out what I am doing, and what they mean.

In just a few minutes, I passed out again.
-----------------

Zander's P.O.V

I felt Sky wake up. I wonder if she remembers what I told her last night.

I felt her start to tense and curl up. Taking an arm from around her, I started to comfort pet her hair and say, "shh, it's alright."

That's when I felt her relax for almost the first time since I met her. I know, I'm the bad boy and all that crap, but I don't know. She has really changed me, along with taking care of Jenna.

Jenna doesn't show this, but our parents were never the best to us. I had to get the court got let me be able to live on my own, and to let me have full custody of Jenna. I have more scars than her from them, and I'm glad. Though, I wish she never got any.

I managed to keep the gang that I betrayed away from Jenna. I'm a little pissed that I never got them to stay away from Sky, but I know she would just say that she's a big girl and can take care of herself. I think she already said that to me at some point.

Mom was a drunk and a whore. Dad was also a drunk, but a workaholic. The truth is, Jenna has a different dad than me, but the same mom. Mom never remembered who the dad is, but I know it was once of her one night stands. Whenever mom was drunk, which was most of the time, she would hit on anyone who was living and had a dick.

With me being a guy, dad would always beet me because of that. Jenna would sometimes get in the way. I think she was trying to protect me, but she would get hurt. Even when she was three and released what was happening. Dad never knew that Jenna was not his kid, and that saved Jenna from more damage and scars.

Right now, I'm just glad that Jenna is at school. I know that Sky would never want Jenna to see her this way.