Prologue

"Two things scare me. The first is getting hurt. But that's not nearly as scary as the second, which is love."-Lance Armstrong 

     I stir the drink in my hand, the noise of the club is the only thing that is keeping me company. I take a sip of the drink in the hopes of drowning down the memories that is slowly trying to crawl out. I look at a couple next to me, the woman is desperately trying to grab her boyfriend's attention when he clearly not interested. He checks out almost every woman in the room and then his greedy eyes fall on me, he smirks at me the girl just rolls her eyes and mutters the word 'slut'.

A small smile spreads across my face when I remember the times when the word slut never had an effect on me, now it almost hurts hearing people judging me without really knowing my story. Yes, once there was a time I use to sex and alcohol to drown my emotions but that is until he came into my life. He changed everything, he changed me.

I miss that girl though the one who had her walls built up so high that nothing could hurt her. She wasn't this pathetic girl who sat drinking alone missing a guy who didn't love her enough to actually stay. She thought with her head and not her heart.

If only I had thought with my head this ache wouldn't be there. But do I really regret everything that I had with him? Do I really wish I had never met him? No he was worth it, every moment with him was worth this pain.

A smile spreads across my face as I take another sip of my drink. I look at the crowd in the club, I do my hopeless routine of looking for his face amongst the people. I disappointedly turn away and decide to just focus on the drink in front of me.

I almost finish the drink when I feel a hand on my bare shoulder. The familiar touch sends a shiver down my spine, making my breath hitch. I almost believe it is the alcohol playing with my head but when I hear his voice I know it is not a dream.

I turn around and look at the face that I have missed so much. I smile looking at him, my heart starts racing as I take him in. He still has that effect he had on me all those months ago. My throat feels dry, and the nerve wrecking feeling erupts in my stomach. I want to tell him so many things but the only his name slips from my mouth.

-ja\Og