Ch. 25: Change Of Heart

I walked down the hallway, my back straight with confidence, and my chest puffed out with love. I was in the proper stance to take on an entire army if I needed to, but I only had one opponent in mind.

School had ended long ago, so long ago that even the after school clubs were beginning to file out of their classrooms and head for the door. Girls whispered and gawked as I strutted through their cliques, but I ignored them. Normally, their intense stares would have chipped my armor. I might have felt uncertain of myself or anxious of what they could possibly be saying about me. But I was too drunk and high to notice.

Drunk on Mary's midnight kisses and her glowing eyes. Intoxicated on the smell of her shampoo every time the wind blew her hair into my face. High on the giddy feeling I got whenever I managed to make her smile. In pure ecstasy that she was finally warming up to the idea of loving me, and totally unapologetic for loving her back anyway.

Without giving myself even the slightest chance of stopping to think long enough for me to turn my ass around, I grabbed onto the handle of the door as soon as I reached it. A door I had come to loathe, always closing on me, always trapping me inside. But today, it was different. The door had become a companion seemingly overnight. Rather than force itself shut over me and my secrets, it swung open in a welcoming arch, urging me to step inside and to let all of my secrets come spilling out.

I barged into the room carelessly, my eyes immediately gravitating towards the desk and the woman who sat at it. She didn't even glance up as I came barreling down the aisles of empty desks.

"Mr. McKagan. You're here early," her voice held a hint of annoyance. "Eager, are we?"

I stopped in front of her desk, glaring down at the stacks of papers she had been in the middle of grading. For once, she had let her hair down, and the curtains of dirty blonde hair cascaded down the length of her, stopping just below her shoulders.

Kaz felt me staring, and she finally paused long enough to finally look up at me. She took her glasses from their perch on her nose, and her eyes flashed intensely as she met my glare. Even through all of her trickery and threats, she really could be very beautiful, but I could never actually love her. Not even half as much as I loved my Mary.

"Kaz, I need to talk to you," I stated flatly.

"Oh no. You're not falling for me, are you?" She asked with a smile.

"On the contrary, I've fallen for somebody else," I informed her, although I figured she already knew.

"Mary, right? I don't blame you. She's a gorgeous girl with a bright mind," Kaz began. Her voice quickly dropped into a taunting hiss as she added. "Too bad she's a student."

I nodded. "That's right. She is. But I don't care. I love her, and I want to be with her."

Kaz scowled up at me, her red lips pursed into a tight pucker.

"If that's the case, I suppose I'd better let your aunt know about your change of heart," she threatened.

I smirked. "Don't even bother."

I noticed her eye brow quirk slightly, but she fought to appear menacing rather than curious. I figured I'd end the suspense for her quickly.

"Mrs. Calloway had her baby not so long ago. You know what that means don't you?" The last question was entirely rhetorical.

Kaz's face was growing redder by the second.

"Today was my last day. I'm home free," I continued, my smile widening. "I just stopped by to say it was nice knowing you, and I hope our genitals never meet again."

As I turned to head for the door, Kaz suddenly leapt from her seat. "Hold it right there!"

I did as I was told, only moving to turn back around and see what Kaz wanted from me. Her high heels clacked a she shuffled around to he front of her desk, there she stopped and got into a pretty little stance. Hip out, one hand on hip, one hand raised to jab fingers at me, a face full of rage.

"What is this anarchy? I am your mistress! I am your queen!" She shrieked, stomping her foot for emphasis. "Whether you're a teacher or not, I will tell everyone. And I will use the law to make you suffer for what you've done! You will pay for turning me down!"

Despite her threats, I couldn't help but chuckle lightly to myself. "Are you sure you don't want to take that back?"

Kaz froze in silent shock, unsure of how to handle the situation as it spun so deeply out of her control. She was mentally weighing her options now.

What could Duff McKagan possibly do to hurt me? She seemed to be thinking as she sized me up. After a moment, a cocky smirk lit up her face.

Nothing, she'd decided.

"Come here," she commanded me, as she'd done so many times before. "And suck...my...toes."

I shook my head slowly and laughed. Turning back to face the door, I shouted "You heard the woman."

Immediately, Izzy entered the room, silently closing the door behind him. Kaz watched him enter and snorted.

"What're you going to do? Beat me up?"

Izzy stepped up to her, his eyes never leaving her's. Despite her words, she stumbled back against her desk in fright. She landed with a thud on the table top, papers scattering across the floor as she did.

"Not unless you ask me to...mistress."

Izzy's response came just as he dropped to his knees before her, slowly reaching out and sliding off one of her heels. Once her naked foot was out in the open, he lifted her meticulously painted big toe to his lips and sucked it deep into his mouth.

At first, Kaz's eyes were wide with a mixture of fear and disgust and I worried that my plan might not have worked. However, as Izzy's mouth worked up from her toe, to her shins, to her knee, to her inner thighs, Kaz's face began to morph. Her eyes rolled into the back of her head, her neck growing limp. Soft moans grew into loud gasps.

"Hey! I didn't tell you that you could lick there yet!"

"Sorry, mistress."

Those were-thankfully-the last words I heard as I exited the room, making sure to lock it as I left. No need to traumatize any of the after school stragglers.

"How'd it go?" Mary inquired as I stepped down the stairs of the main entrance.

I tried to hide how much it amused me that Mary looked worried. Worried that I might still be with Kaz, giving another woman any of my attention. I liked that I wasn't the only one who seemed to care about our relationship anymore. Mary was showing more and more just how caring she was, and the fact that she may be getting a little jealous tickled me pink.

"Great!" I chirped, wrapping an arm around her shoulders as we walked. "Hopefully, Izzy has forgiven me now."

Mary shook her head. "Izzy would have forgiven you anyway."

"I know," I said.

And it was true. Izzy was just that kind of person. So easy to get along with, and not one to hold a grudge. Okay, except maybe for Axl. But that wasn't a grudge, that was just common sense. Izzy knew how Axl was and, though their friendship remained in tact, he was constantly prepared for Axl's next big fuck up.

Izzy and I were different though. Izzy knew things that even the other members of Guns hadn't quite picked up on yet. He knew how my mind was constantly racing, and he knew that my heart loved and cared far too much. But most of all, he knew that I was a friend worth keeping, even if I hadn't figured it out yet.

I didn't deserve friends like these, which was why I had to get the rest of Guns to forgive me as well, including Axl. That may seem like a daunting task, but I was certain that I had just the thing.