Ch. 14: Authority

"I don't want to go! I feel sick!" I insisted, turning and beginning to head back the way we had come from.

"You're just nervous," Izzy insisted, grabbing ahold of my navy blue blazer ("my" and "blazer"-words I had never thought I would ever have to use in the same sentence together) and tugging me back to him.

"I should have just called in! I don't want to get the girls sick," I continued with my charade of being ill. It was the only chance I had to stay home. But of course, Mother Izzy was not feeding into my bullshit.

"You're already here. If you were sick, you've already contaminated them," he reasoned.

Girls strolled by, eyeing us as they walked. It was painfully obvious that they were staring at us intensely and whispering as they sauntered passed us. I couldn't help but wonder what they were saying about us. Probably wondering if Izzy was single and why I wasn't in my usual jumpsuit.

Of course, Izzy hardly even gave them a second glance. It's not that he was gay or anything-far from it, in fact. He just knew better than to meddle in the affairs of high school girls, unlike the rest of Guns....

"I am sick," I insisted, jutting out my bottom lip into a pout.

Izzy rolled his eyes. He opened his mouth to speak, but was quickly interrupted by the voice of another.

"Is this your mommy, dropping you off for your first day of school?"

We both turned to see Kaz, a devious smirk on her sharp features. Her hair was hanging wild and free today and her skirt seemed tighter than usual. I made a mental note to check out her ass at some point during the school day.

Izzy quirked an eye brow at the algebra teacher as she stepped closer to us.

"Ms. Kazio?" He guessed.

Her eyes sparkled with delight at the sound of her name on Izzy's tongue. Inside, I winced at it. Why did he have to embarrass me like this? With the way he was scolding me and mortifying me all at once, I was starting to believe that he might actually be my mother.

"Oh? So you've heard of me?" She asked Izzy, despite the fact that she was staring straight at me.

The jig was up. She knew that I had been talking about her to my friends. This was bad. Really bad. I didn't want her to think that I was obsessed with her or horribly into her. We were supposed to be enemies, not lovers.

Dammit, Izzy.

In response to her question, Izzy leaned backwards slightly to get a better view of her ass. Kaz and I watched him study her rump for a moment before he returned to his upright position and nodded.

"Yeah. I've heard of you."

"Good things, I'm guessing?" She seemed slightly pleased by the studying Izzy had been doing.

I couldn't believe that she might actually be enjoying this kind of attention! When I'd first met her, she had been such an uptight bitch. But now, it seemed like she was playing some sort of head game with me every time I saw her. Weirder still, she seemed to enjoy being around me. It was kind of starting to creep me out.

"Actually..." He began.

My stomach abruptly flopped and I immediately sprang forward and slugged Izzy's arm. I tried to be inconspicuous and make the punch seem playful, but Izzy very noticeably lurched backwards at the impact, his face contorting slightly in pain.

Sorry, man, I tried to send him a telepathic message with my eyes. One that I was fairly certain he would be able to decipher. I can't have you telling Kaz that all of my friends think she sits on a dildo all day.