Ch. 3: The Lois Hath Spoken

A light breeze tangled my hair, causing tendrils of gold to flick across my eyes. I pulled the waves of blonde back with the palm of my hand and squinted up at the school that towered before me.

Girls of all shapes and sizes were bustling into the gothic-styled building. Bells were chiming from above, making the stained glass windows tremble with anticipation. The first day of school for these girls, and the day of reckoning for me. My heart was racing.

I looked down at my outfit, a pathetic attempt at business casual that the band and I had scraped together at the last minute.

Izzy had volunteered a silky, lavender button-up shirt that was missing two of its top buttons, coupled with a slick leather jacket from Slash. Axl was kind enough to lend me his black skinny jeans (the only non-leather pants he had) with some suspenders, and Steven gave me a pair of Chucks to complete the look. All I contributed was underwear and my signature padlock necklace, which I had kissed for good luck.

Although I was dressed to the nines if I were to perform on stage right now, I was well aware of the fact that I looked far from professional. For the first time in a long time, I felt somewhat ashamed that I was broke and had no real clothes to call mine. But that only gave me more of a reason to get this job.

"Excuse me, sir."

There was a light tap on my shoulder. Turning slightly, I looked down and saw a woman with flowing, dirty blonde hair and horn rimmed glasses. In heels she was almost my height, which surprised me, but even more surprising was the fire in her blue eyes. Why did she look so pissed?

"Boys aren't allowed here. If you're a boyfriend of one of the students, I'm going to have to ask you to come back at the end of the school day."

"Boyfriend?" I croaked, trying not to laugh. "I ain't never been anybody's boyfriend before."

"Hm...a double negative. So you have been somebody's boyfriend before?"

I rolled my eyes. One of those kinds of people. If this was how everybody in the school acted, I was gonna' have a rough time here.

"What're you? An English teacher or somethin'?" I asked sarcastically.

"Algebra, actually. And who are you? Do you have some business to attend to, other than lurking around outside of St. Augustine's?" She inquired, pushing her glasses further up onto the bridge of her nose. "Because I'm going to have to call the police if you don't vacate the premises immediately, if that is indeed the case here."

My heart leapt at the mention of getting cops involved. Thanks to the shenanigans Guns N'Roses usually got up to, we were all pretty well known by the LAPD. The last thing I needed was another run in with them. I had just gotten off of probation for the last stint I'd pulled back in April, and I didn't want to go back to dealing with probation officers crawling up my ass again.

"Whoa! Easy there!" I spluttered, putting my arms up in surrender. "I'm just here for the janitor job."

Her eye brow arched as she scanned me up and down. "Yes, I suppose you do suit the job."

What the fuck is that supposed to mean?

I grit my teeth and took a breath. "You know where the principal's office is?"

"Of course I do," she replied.

When she made no move to escort me there, I gave her a quizzical look. "Are you going to take me there...? Or...?"

She shook her head and tsked at me. "Absolutely no manners."

I watched her turn on her heel and head towards the school. My eyes followed her up the stairs, and I couldn't help but notice the way her ass fit so perfectly in the slim pencil skirt that she was wearing.