27

His eyelids sunk into a glare, his piercing brown gaze burning into my own.

I stepped forward as he did too, our reflections staring each other down, never have I ever seen him this close up, I could notice the crinkle in his eyes and the small moles that dotted his face, but something about his aura was different. It was so much colder, it even felt as if another darker being had taken over Dan's soul.

I certainly couldn't contain these thoughts as Dan's lip raised to a somewhat devilish grin before looking down, raising his leg and putting it through the mirror. I stood aghast as he continued going through the mirror until I found him standing in front of me, still having the grin plastered on his face, a grin I was slowly beginning to loathe.

Had it been another minute with Dan inside the bathroom, I would have felt suffocated at this point, it didn't feel right and I just felt the negativity choking me.

I averted my gaze and turned to leave the bathroom, having the intention to leave Dan behind, but the door slams shut, the click of a lock ringing.

I turn to face Dan, whose arm was raised, his face showing no form of sympathy whatsoever. Lowering his arm, he walked towards me, eyes raised to display sadness, hurt.

"Don't you want to see me?" He whispered lowly, tilting his head to the side as he tried to corner me.

"This isn't like you, Dan." He shook his head.

"How so?" I took a long hard look in his eyes, and saw a speck of red in his eyes which in an instant turned brown again, I felt a wave of shock go through my veins.

"Is it even you?" I asked, finding a way around him as I circled the bathroom, avoiding his touch.

Raging he looked down, sighing as if contemplating his decision to appear in front of me, but he looked up once more with the same grin from earlier.

"It is, Phil." hearing an answer from him would normally feel reassuring, comforting, but now it felt as if it were a threat.

He stepped in front of me, feeling his cold breath fan over my skin, causing a tingle to run down my spine.

I saw him lower his head and felt press a kiss onto the skin on my neck, as if ice had touched my skin.

Goosebumps raised as he looked up.

"What are you feeling?" he asked, his eyes glazed over by a layer of tears.

"Darkness, cold, nothingness," I started. He backed away from me, starting to appear disheveled.

"So that's how you feel huh, Philip." he growled as his figure started to thin away, appearing more boney, hair receding into thin strands hanging like loose thread, face losing its form. I stood in horror.

"Well Phil, where is it?" he asked, as his hands formed claws, the fabric of his clothes forming holes, leaving remains on the floor. He had managed to corner me with his hollowing, glinting red eyes.

I felt as if his eyes were burning into my mind as he pinned me against the wall.

"Where is it?" He asked again, tightening his grip and allowing his claws to sink into my skin. I stood, speechless. The words were clogged in my throat, unable to come out due to the immense fear I was feeling, I have never seen this being before.

"Fearful one, eh?" He growled as he showed his sinister smile, his eyes looking nothing more like death itself.

I had to force myself to look away as I felt his sharp cold breath on my face, I prayed this would be over soon.

I felt release as I opened my eyes, revealing that the spirit was gone.

I looked outside and heard fumbling, the hall being empty made this appear extremely unsettling.

I saw the spirit reappear, holding something that I had hoped never got in the hands (rather claws) of the being, his empty stare burned right through me as I stood frozen. He was now floating, the fabric of his clothes floating around him as in his arms he held the board.

"How?" I looked at its floating figure as he clutched the box that held the board ever so tightly.

It looked at me, shrugging as it held the box like a prized possession.

"Harrison, I have not failed you." He whispered, his voice rushing through like a gush of wind before disappearing with a blink of an eye.

Pearce had woken up and saw me standing in the doorway of the bathroom, mouth agape, hands trembling.

"Jesus Christ Phil." He started as he yawned, rubbing his eyes. It was the first time he had spoken to me in two days, but this had not relieved me a single bit from the shock that had suddenly overtaken my body.

"Phil, are you okay?" He asks before standing in front of me, watching my stiff shoulders loosen up before taking in a breath and looking him in the eyes.

"They've got the board, they've got the bloody board."

"What?"

"The cause of all this mess Pearce! Why do you think this all happened in the first place! Now that they have the board, we're damned. Oh my God." I said, clutching my head in my hands, as I crouched down, thinking of all the possibilities that could come out of this mess.

Pearce had his hand running through his hair.

"What do we do now?"

"I don't know, I don't know," I felt the tears running down my cheeks.

"God, why did this have to happen?"