6

/ / TRIGGER WARNING / /

I decided on staying up to complete the paperwork I had to resubmit by seven am for work the following morning despite the fact that I would only have a few hours of sleep, but coffee was always there for me in these situations.

I tapped the enter button twice and thought of what I should write to finish off the second last paragraph of the paperwork and my thoughts were disrupted by the sound of something crashing outside my room.

I pushed my glasses up to the bridge of my nose before putting my laptop aside and grabbing anything that I could reach next to me, which was an umbrella.

Carefully stepping outside my room I pressed myself against the wall, clutching onto the umbrella tightly with my two hands.

I heard more stumbling around as I reached the gap in which the living room was placed and listened on closely while contemplating whether to strike the intruder.

Grunts, heavy breathing and the trashing of semi heavy objects around the room was heard and I decided that this was definitely someone looking for looking for trouble.

I reached around the doorframe as pushed myself into the room and watched the figure, its back turned to me.

I stood, shoulders heaving from how heavily it was breathing.

I stayed silent as I took in the features of this stranger.

Wild and dark hair, wide shoulders, a short figure.

That was all the information I could take in from the back of the dark figure.

He turned his head to the side and I flung back to my previous position behind the door frame, back pressed against the wall and my imagination fumbling around with my thoughts.

I heard another crash sound against the hardwood floor and the dropping of a body to the ground.

I looked into the room again to see the figure kneeling on the ground with its head held up by its hands, sobbing a number of apologetic phrases.

"I'm so sorry... I'm so sorry."

I ran over to the figure and held its shoulder to hold them upwards and allow me to view their face.

"Kay! What happened?" I asked as he continued sobbing and gulping on his own words.

"Phil, stay away from me." he said, emphasising on every syllable of the sentence.

I widened my eyes but narrowed them again before shaking him back to reality.

"Kay, what happened?" I said, stressing as Kay started to shake violently.

"Phil! Please kill me... Please!" he said, crying as he exclaimed his request.

"Kay! I will not kill you. Just explain what happened."

"Throw me out of the window, stab me with a knife, cut my head off, anything! Just please kill me, save yourself Phil, please!" He cried loudly and his body flopped against mine and he went silent.

"Kay?" I asked as I shook his lifeless body around to find the life in it, but nothing happened.

I released my grip on his shoulders and let him fall to the ground with a small thud.

I dragged him across the ground, gripping him under his arms and placing him on the sofa, leaving him to rest.

I walked back to my room and shut the door to lay on my bed and continue my work.

Well at least Kay is back, but where was Jack?

I shrugged as I let my thought tell me that Jack would manage on his own.

I typed on my laptop as I fumbled with the string of my pyjama pants and thought of what else I should add to this paper.

The door creaked open as I continued staring at the dim screen of my laptop finishing the paper, without looking up I assumed that it was Kay who had just awoken from his short knock out.

"Hey Kay, you alright?" I interrogated as I continued staring at my screen and pushing my glasses up to the bridge of my nose.

"You should have listened to your friend when he told you to kill him." I heard the deep voice cackle which caught my attention, bringing shivers to my spine.

"Wh-What?"

"You foolish human."

I looked up and was met with a pair of red eyes, staring back at mine.