3

After a night shocking awakenings and restless panting in fear of the unknown, I allowed my head to fall back onto my damp pillow. The clock displaying in bright red:

5:59

I sighed as I decided to get out of bed and brew some coffee and retrieve cold milk from the fridge.

I drew the curtains to reveal the sun peeking from the tall buildings that stood proud and tall.

I rubbed my eyes as the coffee finished brewing and I poured the steaming substance into my mug, adding the milk after that.

Small wisps of smoke rose from the cup and out into the surrounding air as it sat in the table, oh the wretched table which the event took place last night.

Dan, Dan, Dan. What a poor unfortunate soul.

Jack and Kay?

Sure they have always been suspicious boys but never have I ever thought they were capable of doing such a thing.

I sighed as I took another sip of the coffee before setting it down and resting it in the sink to be washed later.

I went back to my room and prepared myself for work using my mum's words as a daily reminder before I go to work.

"Take a warm shower to snap you out of every thought you had the night before.

Slip on your brightest shirt, to show everyone what you're worth.

Slide on that favourite tie of yours and never let your happiness die.

Have a nice day at work Phil, I believe in you and you, yourself, should too."

I smiled as I grabbed my bag before slipping on my shoes and exiting my flat to head over to my office which was only a fifteen minute walk away.

-

The lift doors opened revealing my coworkers that were holding small cups of the cheap coffee they served at work and I pulled my earbuds out and let Green Day blast out of it before pausing it and sliding my phone back into my bag.

"Morning." I greeted and they nodded before Josh turned to me.

"Hey, I think you left your computer on last night."

I stood dumbfounded.

"What? I swear I switched it off last night."

Josh shook his head.

"The screen was blinking on and off, I don't know. You check it out for yourself."

I thanked him before rushing over to my computer and looking at it.

Oh it was definitely on.

I logged onto my user and a notepad screen opened up.

Hi Phil. It's me, Dan.