54. Heading Off

Ever since last night, I was adamant on not letting Octavia out of my sight. At least until I had to. The two of us were sitting on some logs, just talking about random things. I had made the decision to not tell her about what Lexa planned on doing, because if I did, things certainly would have gotten worse.

"How's Lincoln doing?" I asked.

"A lot better. He's starting to act like himself again," she replied.

"That's good. He was in pretty rough shape when we found him."

"A part of me doesn't even want to let him go to Mount Weather because I'm scared of what might happen if they catch him. But I know that's not an option."

"Trust me, I get the feeling. I was so mad at Bell when he left for Mount Weather. We got in a whole screaming match about it."

"Thankfully he's okay though."

"Yeah, thank god. But you and I both know that things could have been much worse. I was so worried that he would end up hanging by his feet like the grounders were, being drained of his blood."

"I don't know what's worse: being bled dry, or being turned into a reaper," she muttered.

"I think they're both equally bad."

"Harley James?" A voice called from behind me.

Both Octavia and I turned around, and my eyes landed on a grounder. I didn't know who he was, so I gave him a small smile.

"That's me." I said.

"We got word from one of our men that a Raven Reyes needs your assistance."

"Raven?"

"That's what he said."

"Thank you." He bowed his head and walked away. I sighed and looked over at Octavia. "Guess I'm leaving."

I stood from my spot and headed in the direction of Clarke's tent. I wanted to let her know that I was leaving, so that she wouldn't worry and have people looking for me when I was perfectly safe. I walked in to find her standing over a table, looking at the map.

"I'm going back to Camp Jaha." I said.

"What?" She asked, looking up from her table, and furrowing her brows together in confusion.

"I got a message that Raven needs me. I'm going to make sure everything's alright with them and check on Bellamy too."

"Needs you for what?"

"I'm not sure yet, but I'll know when I get there."

"Be back as soon as you can. We need you here."

"I'll be as quick as I can."

"Take one of the grounders with you," Clarke said.

"I'd prefer to go alone."

"With Mount Weather hunting us down?"

"It'll be better for me. I'll be quicker."

Clarke shook her head, "it's a bad idea."

"I don't care, I'm going alone."