33. Many Happy Returns

"The wheels on the bus go round and round. Round and round. Round and round. The wheels on the bus go round and round, all through the night." I sang.

"Harley, shut up." Clarke and Anya both said.

"Well that's rude. My singing voice is beautiful," I said, feigning hurt.

"Damn it, Harley. I will kill you." Anya threatened.

"Then do it. I'm hearing a lot of talk but you don't seem to be doing anything." I challenged.

"Don't provoke her, Harley," Clarke warned.

"Well why not? She's not doing any -"

I got cut off when Anya slammed me into the ground. She straddled me and threw some punches at my face.

I could feel my face bruising already. Anya was full of anger, and I was beginning to come to the conclusion that I was really annoying her.

"Anya! Stop!" Clarke shouted.

Anya pulled a knife from her pocket and put it against my throat.

"Anya, okay, we get your point. Put the knife down." Clarke said calmly but I could tell that she was freaking out.

"She doesn't think I'll do it? I'll show her, I can do it." Anya threatened.

"She believes you. She knows you have the power here. Don't you, Harley?"

"Yeah, yeah. I get it." I muttered.

"Pull one more thing, and I won't hesitate to kill you."

"Yeah, I've noticed."

Anya pressed the knife against my throat and made a small cut.

"Hey, what was that for?" Clarke demanded.

"Take that as a reminder. I have the power here. You don't."

Anya got off of me. Clarke offered her hand and helped me up. I dusted off the dirt from my dress and glared at Anya.

Bitch.

~*~

"Anya, we've been walking for hours. Where are we going?" Clarke asked.

"Quiet." Anya snapped.

"Why not just kill us and get it over with?" Clarke asked.

"You can tell the Commander what the mountain men are doing to us in there." Anya said.

"Let's work together. We don't have to be enemies." I said, stopping.

Anya turned to face me, "and unite with someone as weak as you? I have what I need."

Weak? We did manage to kill almost your entire army, I thought. I didn't dare to say that aloud because then I think Anya really would kill me.

"We both want the same thing." I said.

Anya placed her hands on our shoulders and pushed us down to the ground.

"Get down." Anya said.

"They found us." Clarke whispered.

They were shooting tranquillizers at us. I saw one fly into the tree. If I do get shot, please don't let it be in the butt.

"Run." Anya said.

We obeyed and started to run. I grabbed the tranquillizer from the tree and kept running.