23. We Are Grounders: Part 1

"Come on. These foxholes aren't gonna build themselves." Bellamy said.

I crouched down next to Raven and helped her tie the string.

"Better hope those land mines work. With all the gunpowder we're wasting, we could be making more grenades." Bellamy said.

"You want to come over here and test one?" I asked.

"Cute. I need this entire section mined by morning. Then you finish the south field." Bellamy ordered.

Raven got up from her position and walked over to Bellamy.

"Hey.... I told you, we're going after Finn, Clarke and Monty in the morning." Raven said.

"And I told you nobody leaves this camp." He said.

"Try and stop us." I said.

"We can't just abandon our people. You want to lead them, show them you give a damn. Because at the moment, the only person they think cares, is Harley." Raven said.

"Well that's cause I have a heart." I said, looking at Bellamy.

He was about to say something when a gunshot went off. I whipped around to see the person who shot it, was freaking out.

"What the hell is the matter with you?" Bellamy demanded.

"I'm sorry, man. I fell asleep. I've been on watch all day." He apologized.

Bellamy shoved him into the tree.

"We've all been on watch all day! That bullet was one less dead grounder." Bellamy shouted.

"Bellamy, stop it!" I shouted, pulling him off the kid.

"You're scaring people." Octavia said.

Bellamy ripped himself from my grip.

"They should be scared! The bomb on the bridge bought us some time to prepare but that time is up! The grounders are out there right now, waiting for us to leave and picking us off one by one when we do! Clarke, Finn and Monty are gone, probably dead, and if you want to be next, I can't stop you, but no guns are leaving this camp! This camp is the only thing keeping us alive. Get back to work!" Bellamy shouted.

Bellamy turned around and walked away. Octavia jerked her head in Bellamy's direction, telling me to follow him. I shook my head and she came over to me.

"Harley, you always go to him when he's upset. If you don't, he'll think something's wrong." Octavia said.

"Shouldn't I give him space?" I asked.

"When do you two ever give each other space?" Octavia asked.

"Fair point."

"Besides, you need to make it up to him, to what you said to him in the woods."

"Oh yeah. That." I muttered. "Fine."

She patted my back and I chased after Bellamy.

"Bell, wait!" I shouted.

"What is it Octavia?" He snapped.

"It's not Octavia." I said.

Bellamy turned around and when his eyes landed on me, they widened.

"I'm sorry, I thought you were Octavia. Did you just call me Bell?" He asked.

"I did. Sorry, I won't do it again."

"No it's fine. I - I like it when you call me that."

I ignored the butterflies that just erupted in my stomach.