44. See you Again

After the ceremony, there was a feast down in the grand hall. I walked in with Clarke, and noticed that the grounders stood on one side of the table, and the sky people stood on the other. A small smile came to my face though when I saw Lincoln on our side. 

I went over to my seat, and took my place between Clarke and Bellamy. Kane stood on the other side of Clarke, holding a bottle of alcohol in his hands, and a friendly smile on his face.

"Please accept this gift, commander. We drink this at special occasions. I believe this qualifies." Kane said. He passed it to Gustus who handed it to the commander.

"Thank you, Marcus of the sky people." Lexa said.

"You're welcome, Lexa kom trikru. Just don't drink too much of it." Kane said.

"Clarke, Harley. Let us drink together." Lexa said.

"It would be our pleasure." Clarke said.

Lexa filled three cups, and handed two of them over to us. We took them graciously, and I shot Bellamy a smile. It felt like we were making progress, and it was only a matter of time until we fought together to rescue our people.

"Heda, allow me." Gustus said.

Lexa handed him her drink, and Gustus took a sip from it. When nothing happened, he gave it back to Lexa. I understood that he was just trying to protect her, but I don't know why he thought we would try to poison Lexa. We need this alliance to defeat Mount Weather. We have sacrificed our own people to achieve our goal. Why would we give all of that up now?

"Tonight we celebrate our newfound peace. Tomorrow we plan our war. To those we've lost and to those we shall soon find." Lexa said.

Just as I was about to take a sip, Gustus fell hard on the table. We all stepped back and he started coughing. Gustus stumbled back into the wall and fell to the ground.

"It's poison!" He shouted.

Suddenly, my cup was knocked out of my hands. I looked over at Bellamy before I quickly grabbed Clarke's cup and threw it to the ground.

"It was the sky people." Indra said, taking out her sword.

The grounders moved the table away, and Bellamy immediately stepped in front of me, shielding me from them.

"This wasn't us! You have to know this wasn't us!" I shouted, holding onto Bellamy's arm.

Lexa shouted something and Indra responded, but I didn't understand what they were saying. But from the look on their faces, it was nothing good.

"No," Clarke mumbled.

A grounder grabbed Bellamy and dragged him away from me.

"Get your hands off him!" I shouted.

"We didn't do this." Clarke said.

"Gustus warned me about you, but I didn't listen." Lexa said furiously.

"Lexa, please -"

"Tell me something, Clarke. When you plunged the knife into the heart of the boy you loved, did you not wish that it was mine?"

Clarke said nothing. I looked behind Lexa, and I saw Finn standing there in the corner.

"Heda." A grounder said.

I turned around to see a grounder sniffing something that he took from Raven.

"That's not mine." Raven insisted, staring at us with wide eyes. The grounder passed Lexa the vial. "I'm telling you, that's not mine. He put it there when he searched me."