29. Inclement Weather

It was the next morning. I woke up and the first thing I did, was climb onto Clarke's bed. She was already awake. Clarke had the sketch book out and was continuing her drawing which was a map of Mount Weather.

"Still working on it?" I asked.

"Yup." She mumbled.

"Have you found an escape route that won't kill everyone here?" I asked quietly.

No one was paying attention to us. They were all sitting in groups, speaking happily like they didn't have a care in the world. It bothered me that they found nothing suspicious about this. They were all such fools.

"No, not yet."

"I don't believe this is real. I mean, it can't be. Nothing good ever happens to us."

"I know." Clarke snorted.

I looked at her bed to see a few of Clarke's sketches. I looked at them but stopped when I came across a drawing of an old friend.

Wells.

I smiled sadly at the page. Clarke captured his features quite magnificently. It was a drawing of before we were on the ground. His hair was shorter and he wore the usual clothing you'd find on the Ark.

"I miss him." I said quietly.

Clarke looked away from the drawing and looked at the picture I held in my hands. A sad expression soon made its way onto her face.

"So do I." She said.

"It feels like just yesterday we were sitting on the Ark and laughing, like we didn't have a care in the world." I whispered.

"I miss those days. I miss Wells." Clarke said.

"It hurt having to tell Jaha that his son was dead. You don't understand how much it hurt." I muttered.

"I couldn't tell him. I wasn't strong enough back then."

"But you are now. And you and I, are going to be the ones to escape Mount Weather."

"Do you think Wells is watching us from heaven?" She whispered.

"I think he's our guardian angel." I whispered back, wrapping my arm around her shoulder.

"I just wish this is all a dream, and I'm going to wake up on the ground, and it actually being our first day here." She muttered.

"That would mean Bellamy would be an ass again." I said, removing my arm from her shoulder.

Clarke chuckled and shook her head.

"God, he's changed."

"Yeah he has." I said, a smile appearing on my face.

Bellamy was an asshole when he landed on the Ark. He was selfish and arrogant, and only thought about himself.

Yet somewhere along the way, he matured and learned to care about others. The first days we were here, he would let anyone die to save his own skin. But now, he sacrificed himself to save all of us.