32. Jump

We ran and ran but we couldn't find a way out. Every corner we turned seemed to lead us further into the Mountain.

"Damn it. This place is a maze." Clarke said.

We stopped and looked around. Anya started coughing.

"What are they doing to us?" Anya asked.

"They use your blood. I saw a soldier come in with radiation burns. Hours later, he was fine." Clarke said.

"It's like your blood is healing them somehow." I said. "I've never seen anything like it. And I spent a lot of time in medical."

"That's because you kept getting hurt."
Clarke said. She looked back at Anya. "Come on. This way."

We started forward but stopped when we realized Anya wasn't following us. She was heading in the opposite direction.

"Hey. Hey. What are you doing?" I asked. "That's the way back to the reapers."

"You go your way, I'll go mine." Anya said.

"Anya, we need to stick together." Clarke said.

"I told you there is no 'we.'" Anya said.

"We saved your life." Clarke said, pointing in between her and me.

"You saved my life because you need me. I know the way back to your people. I know where the traps are hidden. You'd never make it alone." Anya said.

"We don't have time for this. Our best chance of making it out of here alive is together." I said. Clarke and I started walking forward, "all we can do is keep moving and hope -"

We turned around and I stopped talking when I saw that Anya was gone. She actually left us.

"Anya? Anya." Clarke whispered as she ran where Anya went.

She turned around.

"Let's go. There's no point. If she doesn't want to be with us, then that's her call." Clarke said.

The two of us sprinted forward. We could find a way out. No problem.

~*~

Okay so it was obviously harder than we expected.

We were following the tracks on the ground. We stopped briefly before continuing to run. I stopped abruptly when I saw a reaper heading towards us.

I turned to run the other way only to see another grounder coming our way. I went to the left only to be greeted by two more reapers.

"Clarke?" I asked.

"Yeah?" She said.

"We're so screwed."

"Yup."

We were backed up into the wall. Reapers surrounded us. We were begging for them not to hurt us. We knew it wouldn't work, but we had to try.

Suddenly, a high pitch noise echoed throughout the cave. All the reapers covered their ears and fell to the ground.

"Get back!" A guard shouted. They found us. "Get the hell away from them! Now!"

How were they doing that? I need to know how to make that.

"Clarke Griffin, Harley James, you're coming with us." A guard said.

~*~

A guard stood on either side of Clarke and I. This was not how I planned this escape to go. We had walked all the way back to the area where we came out.