43. Remember Me

Authors Note: this chapter may contain mature content. Just putting that out there.

-------------------------

Clarke sat in the commanders tent, staring at her bloodied hands. She had been sitting there, just staring at her hands for 10 minutes. I knew she was trying to process what she had just done, so I didn't say anything to her.

I still couldn't believe he was really dead.

Finally, she grabbed the rag next to her and dipped it in some water. As she tried to rub the blood off her hands, she began to sob uncontrollably. I swallowed thickly as I grabbed her hands, stopping her.

"Let me," I said, gently taking the rag from her hands.

"They would've tortured him, I had to." She sobbed.

"I understand. It's okay. It's okay." I murmured, hugging her.

"I had to," she repeated.

"It's okay."

"What did I do?"

I closed my eyes and thought of Finn. My stomach started to hurt, and a wave of regret crashed into me. Pushing my thoughts away, I resumed cleaning Clarke's hands.

I had barely gotten any off when I heard the curtains open. I let go of Clarke and turned around to see Gustus, one of the commanders guards, come in.

"The commander is ready to talk," he said.

We stood up as the commander walked in, with Indra in tow behind her. Lexa climbed the small steps and took a seat on her throne.

"Blood has answered blood. Some on my side say that's not enough. They wanted the murderer to suffer as our tradition demands, but they do not know that your suffering will be worse. What you did tonight will haunt you until the end of your days. Still, there will be restitution. The body will be given to the people of Tondc, murderer and murder joined by fire. Only then can we have peace." She said.

"No. No. We've done enough. Finn should be buried by his own people." I argued.

How the hell was that fair? He was one of us. They had no right to do this, especially when they're the ones who led to his death. Finn already suffered enough, he should be buried at peace with our people.

"Enough? We were owed the pain of 18 deaths. We were owed our righteous kill. My village deserves justice." Indra said angrily.

"You don't want justice. You want vengeance." I said, narrowing my eyes at her.

"You have not seen my vengeance."

"We'll do it," Clarke interrupted, trying to maintain peace. "But when it's over, we talk about how to get our people out of Mount Weather, all of our people."

"We want the same things," Lexa said.

"Good," Clarke said.

"When do we leave?" I asked.

"Now." She said, getting up. "Choose your attendants."

Lexa stood up, and left the tent with her followers trailing closely behind her. I let out a deep breath and threw the rag at the other side of the tent.

"I can't believe they're making us do this." I muttered, running a hand through my hair.

"Harley, if this truce doesn't hold, I killed Finn for nothing." Clarke said.

"So who are we bringing?" I asked.

"Bellamy, Octavia, my mom, Kane, Lincoln. On any other day, I would've said Raven but she probably hates me."