Chapter 33 - If I die today, She's dying with me

'If we kill you, is there anyone you want to say goodbye to?' Valentine glared at me in particular and then at Xavier. We were tied up by ropes and kneeling down in the dirt in front of Valentine and all of his men surrounding us so we couldn't escape. I couldn't help but laugh. 'Anne. What is so funny to you?' I looked at him before speaking. 'Ed. I should have seen this coming. But seriously? You can't even catch a couple of teenagers. How long have you been looking for us? 5 months and how many times have we escaped?' I questioned. I didn't need to explain myself any further. Ed stood in front of me. My former trainer, the man that killed my father was about to put a bullet through my brain and end this all. He slapped me across the face, a lot harder than the doctor did. Xavier struggled against the ropes while I sat there laughing. 'I bet you would miss your Mother and dear Aunt S.' He cooed. I froze at the mention of their names. 'Is there anyone special Xavier?' Ed towered over him before Xavier spoke up. 'If I die today, she's dying with me.' He looked over at me, his eyes showing nothing but affection. 'Awwww. Isn't that sweet. Bad boy falling for the Bad girl.' Ed taunted. A mischievous glint hit Xavier's eyes before he started talking again. 'Ed. I must say I will miss you the most. Running away from your men has been fun and crashing all of those cars was even better but you? You're a down right asshole and deserve nothing better than the pits of hell.' He spat Ed motioned for a man to come forward. He presented Ed with a sleek silver hand gun with a varnished wooden handle, the imprint of a viper coiling its way towards the trigger. 'For that comment, you can go first.' *Bang* I closed my eyes and tears fell freely down my cheeks. I heard a thud and didn't want to look up, knowing exactly what I would see. Floodlights hit the area, and more gun shots sounded. Someone covered me from the line of fire until it was all over. I opened my eyes to see Valentines gun in the ground with a bloody hand attached to it, not to the body. Ed was kneeling on the ground cradling his severed arm. Xavier was on top of me, shielding me from the fire. I smiled before rolling him off of me and finishing what I started. I kneeled and he untied the ropes binding my hands together. I rubbed my wrists before standing up and walking calmly over to Ed. 'I trusted you Ed.' I picked up the gun. 'You trained me.' *click* 'You killed Eric.' I aimed it at him. 'And most of all, you.killed. My.Dad.' *Bang* the gun shot sounded throughout the silence slicing the air in two. I lowered the gun slowly to my side, watching his lifeless body fall face flat to the dirt. It was all over. I had won. I turned to the mess lying behind me. Dead men lay scattered all over the dirt. Blood seeping into the ground staining the dirt making a tiny pool of blood around each man. This was never how I intended it to end this way. I never meant for so many lives to be lost in one battle for my past. Strong arms came around my waist and hugged me from behind. Xavier's breath tickled my neck and I exhaled slowly taking in everything that had happened today. I felt the stitches across my neck and felt a lot safer knowing this was all over. I could go back to a somewhat normal life. No more running, no more fighting and no more blood spilt. Floodlights found us within the stirred up air. Ropes were lowered to the ground. Xavier prompted me towards the rope. I took it with both of my hands letting the rough texture itch against my skin. Taking hold of it, we were lifted away from the scene and away from the past. And onto a new future. I guess I was wrong.

�ˎ�U�\���