Chapter 5 - Director Eric

I woke up with my head on the floor of the grocery store, Faces peering at me from all angles. My vision was still blurred but I could just make out the faces of my Manager, Mackenzie, Auntie Sonia, Mackenzie's minions and Xavier. As I tried to sit up, someone pushed me down. As my vision improved, I realized he looked very familiar. He had dark brown hair poking out from underneath his black beanie. His jumper hid his mouth so only his nose and eyes were visible. 'Anne? Oh Sweetie thank goodness you are alright!' Auntie Sonia's voice was filled with relief as she scooped me up and pulled me into a tight embrace. She smelt of rich perfumes and hand cream. Her messy golden hair fell into my face as she pulled me closer. 'Aunt S I'm fine.' She pulled away from me with tears of joy in her eyes. Her lips pressed together as she cupped my face with her hands. The man in the black beanie came into view behind Auntie Sonia. 'Anne, I'm sure you remember me. It has been a few months since your time at the Academy. Director Derek resigned just after you left. I am Xavier's old trainer. I would like to give you your position back at the academy. Mackenzie,' her eyes filled with regret and tears once he turned to face her. 'After your performance today, you are no longer suitable to be training at the Academy.' With that Mackenzie ordered her minions to her side and storms out of the store with her poodle prancing after her like nothing ever occurred. 'What happened?' As I was helped to my feet by the new director, he explained everything that happened. 'Once you had turned your back to Mackenzie, she picked up a can of pineapple and threw it at you. By the way, my name is Eric. You are to address me as Director back at the academy. Got it?' I vigorously nodded my head. I needed this. 'Good. You start tomorrow.' And with that he exited the building with Xavier hot on his heels. 'Why don't you start celebrating?' Xavier said. Before he disappeared around the corner of the building, he gave me a look of disapproval followed by the death stare. Celebrating was the last thing I was going to do.