Chapter 28 - No more Annie

Stepping into the silver elevator and pressing the cool metal button showing level one. The plastic handles of the shopping bags dug into the raw skin of my palms. I waited patiently watching the glowing light transition between G and 1. The doors slid open slowly. I fished the key card out of my pocket and headed towards room 171. I slid the thin white plastic into the bulky metal door handle and set my gaze on the tiny green LED. I bent down and used my elbow to open the door. The cool metal made contact with my skin and it instantly sent shivers up my spine. 'Xavier!' I called out as the door swung open from the force of my hip. He was propped up on the bed with a tight singlet that showed off his toned body and the bulk of the bandage stretching across his chest. His hair was messy and standing up on all angles. He clearly hadn't looked in the mirror lately. I gently placed the shopping bags on the tiny table under the floating TV. 'What's in those bags?' Xavier's voice travelled through the room. 'Food and clothes not to mention a little surprise.' His brow scrunched up in confusion as the words little surprise left my mouth. 'What do you mean little surprise?' I searched around the bottom of one of the plastic bags, a small smirk creeping across my face. My hand enclosed around a cool metal object. I let my fingers wrap around the handle and pull it from the depths of the bag. I turned around to face Xavier, still holding the object to my chest. His eyes widened and his gaze was glued to the object in my hand. 'How? How did you get a bloody Taser?' His eyes were full of excitement and pure shock. I walked over to the bed. Every step I took meant he would inch further back until he was nearly falling of the other side of the bed. 'Don't point that thing at me.' He warned. One free arm pointedly aimed at the Taser in my hands. His eyes flew back and forth from my steady gaze to the Taser. I gave him a nervous giggle before retreating back to the bag I pulled it from. 'Don't worry I won't intentionally hurt you.' I smirked and he froze but his gaze wasn't on me, it was at the door. I spun around and my glare hit a stocky figure blocking the door way. His frame was large and very muscly, showing off all of the ripples that tore his body figure. A black hood shadowed his eyes making his face look like a black hole. Everything seemed wrong with this. The only thing I could see from under the hoods protection was his pearly white teeth. 'Welcome to the grand Hotel, how can I help you?' I spoke in a sickly sweet voice I fought against, which earned me a death stare from Xavier. 'Well you see,' his British accent detectable instantly. 'I am looking for someone by the name of Anne Kilburney. Have you seen her?' I froze for a split second before speaking up trying to hide the lie within my own tone. 'Oh, you mean that slut a couple of rooms down? Always hear her at night don't we Johnny?' I sent Xavier a glare to play along, thankfully he got the hint and kept his mouth shut but only nodded. 'Anything else?' I asked. He strode across the room reaching me within minutes, cutting the circulation off from my arms. 'Yes. I believe you just lied to me. That's gonna cost you Anne.' He spat. My eyes widened in shock and memories of my first kill flooded back into my mind. I threw knives at him. There was a small scar across his cheek but I had no memory of hitting him with any blade. His eyes thundered as he cocked his head to face Xavier. He spun me around and held me at knife point. 'You don't want your little girlfriend to die do you?' He snarled. Xavier rose from the bed, fists clenched by his sides and that playful gleam in his eyes was long gone. He took one step towards me and the blade dug deeper into my neck. 'Stop.' I croaked. He looked at me and his eyes widened. A warm liquid ran down my neck and seeped into my clothing. 'I surrender just don't hurt her.' He flung his hands into the air and the blade released my neck. My fingers flew to the side of my neck and blood found my fingers and dripped to the floor and for the third time within a few months, everything went black.

9m|