Chapter 18 - The world doesn't need a hero

'Let me go or else' Jack snarled from his chair. His teeth bared and his jacket ripped in various places along the sleeves. 'Or what Jack? You're gonna hurt me? Good luck with that because last time I checked, you're tied up to a chair.' He glared at me while his eyes scanned his battered and tied up body from what he could see of his feet, to a few inches from the bottom of his ripped bow tie. 'Despicable girl. Where's my son?' His voice dripped with impatience and arrogance. 'Right here where you want me.' Xavier appeared from the shadows of the warehouse behind Jack. Jack fought to move his chair and angle his head to see him. Xavier remained in the shadows as the chair holding Jack fell to the floor so his face was mixed in with the hay and animal droppings. 'Dad. Let it go. This won't change anything. You can't bring her back by doing this.' Jack let out a muffled cruel laugh. His shoulders shook violently causing the chair to shake. 'Xavier, the world doesn't need a hero, listen to me. We can still change fate, get revenge.' The way he said revenge reeked of the devil. 'Join me and we can start with her.' His icy cold stare shifted to meet my gaze. Xavier's head snapped in my direction his gaze colder and harder than his Fathers. He straightened up so his body aligned with his head. His arms were firm by his side as he moved towards me. Jack wrestled to see his plan fold out as he desired and dreamed it would. Slowly a smirk crept across Jacks face as Xavier came closer and closer to me. Within seconds, Xavier's face mirrored his Fathers. I backed away carefully trying not to lose my footing. 'Xavier... Think about this. Maybe he's wrong. Yyyyou should really think about this.' I said to his face with my panic stricken voice. I gasped as my back fell flat against the northern warehouse wall. Its cold wooden surface itched and irritated my fingers. Xavier's body was nearly pressed against mine before he whispered to me ' Play along. I'm not going to hurt you.' signing off the sentence with a wink as if added for extra assurance. His left arm slammed against the wall as his other snaked around my waist drawing me closer to him. His breath was hot on the back of my neck. 'Promise.' *BANG* the gun shot rang throughout the large warehouse making my ears ring. My hands flew from Xavier's frozen grip to my ears. 'What the hell is going on in here?' Boomed a familiar voice. I cautiously opened my eyes and straightened my posture. In the presence of the woman in the black was Auntie S holding a sleek Black Hand gun, raised in the air. She had an FBI badge hanging from her neck and she was wearing attire that I was not used to seeing her in. 'S?' Her eyes were full of rage as a mini battle was going on behind her furious gaze, as if to show she wasn't sure who to be more upset at me or the strange woman in black. 'Cheryl. How could you bring her here without me telling her first?!' Tears flooded down Cheryl's face as she turned to me. 'I couldn't wait any longer.'