Chapter 13 - Xavier Shaw

*Knock, Knock* my heart skipped a beat as Auntie Sonia went to get the door. 'Hi, you're here for Anne?' There was a muffled response from whoever was at the door. 'Well come in then.' I heard the door close behind them and Auntie Sonia telling him that she would come and get me. She appeared at my bedroom door. I looked at her with my nerves bouncing all around and the butterflies in my stomach flapping like mad. 'Come on Anne, You look wonderful.' She held out her hand and led me out of my room. Reluctantly I followed her. Once I reached the lounge room, he was standing by the window looking out at the ocean. As my heels made loud noises on the tiled floor in the lounge room, he turned around. I couldn't believe who was standing in front of me. Xavier Shaw. Everything fell into place. My Dad was good friends with his physco Dad. 'Shit Anne.' His hand ran through his hair as he looked from his polished shoes back to me. His eyes inspected me from my perfectly painted toenails to every single strand of hair on my head. Things had changed between us now. Even though I still hated him for what he said months ago, my heart flutters at every word that comes out of his mouth. He made his way over to me and I just stood there looking at him. He took my hand and made me give him a twirl. He then grabbed my waist and pulled me closer to him. 'Anne... I'm sorry for the things I said and...' I shut him up by putting my perfectly manicured nails to his lips. 'Ignoring me? It's okay, honestly. I shouldn't have said those things I said either.' even though everything wasn't okay and I was still uneasy around him, I removed my nail from his lips and gave him a weak smile. My nerves were still jumping all around. He gave me a confident grin as he pulled away from me. He turned to Auntie Sonia with tears of joy running freely down her cheeks and armed with her camera. I dug around in my purse for my phone and handed it over to her. 'If you're going to take photos, I might as well have one for your profile picture.' I said as I turned to face Xavier. 'Okay then. Move closer to each other.' She signalled with her hand as we got uncomfortably closer to each other. She gave us both a big grin before she said ' Smile!' The flash of the camera blinded me for a few seconds as my hand flew to shield my eyes. 'S!! That's too bright!' She gave me an apologetic smile and took another photo with my phone. After she returned my phone to me, Xavier turned to face her with his arm slinking around my waist. 'Okay Sonia. If we want to get to this dance on time, we better get heading off.' His grip around my waist tightened as Auntie Sonia began to cry. 'Okay then, have fun and take care of my niece or else Xavier Shaw.' He gave Auntie Sonia a small bow before he lead me out of the apartment and down the stairs to the group of trainers and trainee's waiting outside in front of a pure white limousine. 'Do you like it?' He whispered into my ear. His breath warm on my skin. 'Yes.' I replied and we were off.