Chapter 6 - Rules of hand to hand combat

As I walked into the main Training room, there were only a few leaders present. Eric came strolling over to me with his clip board under his arms. His ripped arms showing through a short sleeved top. He wore the same uniform as every other trainer. Army patterned cargo pants, black shoes, grey top, police badge around his neck and a pair of ray bans sitting neatly on top of his head. 'Anne. Good to see you are ready to go. Unfortunately Francess is unable to be your leader this time round. So your new leader goes by the name of Ed.' He pointed in the direction of Ed. He was very tall and his muscles were bulging out from underneath his singlet. His hair was so short it looked like it was only a centimetre long. It was dark brown. He wore Ray-Bans and a whistle dangling from a chain around his neck. 'He will be training you to reach your former strength and skill and push you further than Francess ever did.' He then proceeded to turn around and put his whistle between his teeth and blew. *TWEEET* 'Okay people. Anne has re-joined the academy. On no circumstances will she be treated any differently to all of you. If you choose to bitch about her behind her back, I will personally leave you two to fight until either one of you are knocked out. Understand?' Everyone in the room slowly nodded their heads to show that they agree, only Xavier didn't agree. He threw me a challenging look to say such an innocent girl, you are going to get pummelled. His stare chilled me to the bone. As Ed reached me, he shoved a piece of paper in my face. 'This, is your schedule for today. You follow the instructions step by step and stick to the times listed. Got it?' I nodded my head. He lifted his glasses so I could see his crystal blue eyes. 'Good. Now get to work.' And with that he turned and left. I looked down at my list of things to do. They mainly consisted of fighting and boxing. Nothing about weights, or core work.

Freedom Police academy training sheet:

Trainee: Anne Kilburney

9am: Hand to hand combat

11am: Punching bag

1pm - 1:10pm: Short break - Drink, eat, toilet etc...

1:10pm: Treadmill

3pm: Fighting with other trainees.

4pm: Dismissal

As I looked up from the sheet of paper. Ed was standing in the middle of the mat tapping his foot with impatience and his arms folded across his chest. 'Anne. FRONT AND CENTER NOW!' he barked. I flew across the room to the centre of the mat letting my sheet of paper gently float to the ground. As Ed eyed me critically, I straightened up to meet his gaze. He pulled my feet from underneath me and I slammed onto the mat with a loud thud. 'First rule of hand to hand combat, never let your opponent blindside you.' This is going to be a very long day. I propped myself up on my elbows and swung my feet at Ed's shins knocking him to the ground. 'First rule of hand to hand combat. Never and I mean never let your opponent blindside you.' I said as a sassy smirk crept across my face.