Chapter 14 - She will die

'Welcome all to the Freedom Police Academy dance! We hope you and your date have a wonderful time.' The Academy main training room was completely transformed. All of the equipment was cleared out and in their place were tables and chairs with food and drinks laid out on every circular table. There was a massive banner hanging over the microphone at the back of the hall with '2030 graduates' written in big sparkly gold letters. Gold and white balloons were strung around the room with streamers hanging from the roof. As Xavier made our entrance after all of the other trainers and trainees, there were multiple screams from some of the girls who were standing in front of us looking up at Xavier. There was no denying that Xavier was the hottest boy at the Academy and tonight, he was exceeding the hotness scale in the words of some of the other girls in the academy. As we were shown to our table, the room went quiet with shock and whispers were going up all around the room after a minute of silence. I flicked my head around to look at the entrance. My eyes bulged out of my head. Mackenzie and her minions were standing there with fake smiles on their faces assuming that all of those whispers were good and complimenting them on their beauty when they were completely wrong. She started to walk towards our table with her pumps clomping along the wooden training floor. Her hand placed at her hip as her butt wiggled like she was trying to entrance everyone there. She stopped and started as she got to our table. Her black lined eyes glared at me from head to toe. 'Since when were you graduating?' I shot back at her. 'Um. Since when did you become a member of this academy again? Last time I checked, you got replaced.' Murmurs arose from the trainees as they looked at each other like they were expecting a fight. 'Oh please! Everyone knows I'm better than you. And aqua is not your colour! Plus that locket around your neck is pathetic and sooo old fashioned.' More murmurs ran through the room. 'If you want to go there, that dress of yours makes you look like you're trying too hard. Plus those pumps are really ugly. Did a homeless person make those for you or was it your servant who doesn't get paid?' She shot me a death stare. But her shoes were genuinely hideous. They were golden with gem flowers on the side of the shoe with a chain of beads woven across the tip of the shoe making a 'M' on each shoe. 'And when did you start getting all Miss parentless Fashionista? Because last time I checked, your Dad is dead and your Mum is with him.' She flung her bouncy, blonde hair over her shoulder and glared at me. 'Quite frankly Mackenzie, I don't care what you say anymore. But let me tell you this. You're a stuck up, spoilt princess.' Cheers rose from the crowd as she glared at me and sashayed out of the training room. I was turning to face Xavier when I saw him run out of the training room after Mackenzie. How could he? I ran out to follow them and overheard some part of their conversation. 'Mackenzie, trust me. The gun is in position, all you have to be stay hidden. She will die tonight.'