Chapter 22 - Unmasked killers

'ANNE! XAVIER!' Auntie Sonia and Mums voices rang out through the maze as I tried to find my way out. 'AUNTIE S! MUM! WE'RE OKAY!' I yell only speaking on behalf of myself, not knowing were Xavier was or whether he was alive. I was still standing in the mess of bodies and weapons. I unmasked the two men lying near Jack and took all of their weapons. I searched their suits until I found a walkie talkie on the man Xavier took out. Bingo. I thought to myself as I went around and followed the same path Xavier took. Xavier had the last man backed up against the maze wall. I whistled and indicated for Xavier to move out the way. I drew a knife from the back of my dress and flipped it in the air and caught it again. 'I'm gonna give you two options.' I threw Xavier a gun with the knife still flipping in the air. 'You can either give us answers or become a...how do I put this nicely... hostage. Or you stay quiet and I will force answers out of you and may accidentally kill you in the process. You're choice.' I eyed him as his tried to make up his mind. 'I ain't telling you shit!' And he spat on the ground next to him with a fierce look fixed on his face. 'Okay then. If you aren't going to tell me what I need to know...' The knife stopped in my hand with the blade in my palm. A look of determination crossed his face for a split second before fear replaced it. 'One last chance. Are you going to talk or not?' He shook his head violently from side to side. 'You are going to be in a world of pain sir.' I flung the knife at him narrowly missing his head. He let out a cry of mercy. 'Please don't hurt me!' I walked over to him and crouched down to his level. 'Tell me what I want to know and I won't hurt you. Deal or not?' He gulped before replying. 'Ddddeal.' I could tell he was scared. I patted his cheek 'Good.' I stood up and strode back to where I was standing. 'Who do you work for and what do they want with me?' He took in a deep breath before thinking carefully about what his reply would be. 'Okay. I work for Dr. Valentine but I was only told who to get and not why.' I looked back at Xavier as he shrugged his shoulders. I drew the other knife from my dress and held it in my hand. 'Few more questions. Why me and how the hell does he know me?' He shook his head refusing to tell me more. I sighed impatiently before flinging the other knife missing the other side of his head by inches. 'Agggg! Okay Okay I'll tell you more! He says you are the chosen one and he... he knew your Father!' I glared at him before talking again. 'In what way.' He looked around nervously before a grin appeared across his face. 'Final hour's girl.' I pulled out my gun from my make shift belt and looked behind me and shot at the first man I knocked out. It was a direct shot killing him. 'Opps. I guess you need to tell me because he isn't going to help you.' Xavier looked at me with shock and the blood drained from both of their faces. 'He killed your Dad.' I had heard enough. I ran out of that maze leaving him and Xavier behind.