Chapter 32 - Surrounded

Walking to the community room took longer than I expected. My feet dragged along the tiled floors. Xavier was sitting in the room holding a blue ball. He tossed it back between his hands, eyes trained on the TV, showing Sesame Street. 'Is someone leaning the alphabet?' I teased. Xavier smirked before replying. 'You know it.' I rolled my eyes before plonking down next to him. 'Bad news. There not discharging me.' He stopped throwing the ball and yanked me up from the couch, practically running back to the room, keeping a tight grip on my hand. 'Xavier stop!' I demanded. I dug me feet into the ground and refused to move. 'Anne this is no time for being stubborn. Look behind you.' I spun around and saw three men all dressed in black heading towards us. How I wished I had my gun with me. I didn't need a reminder to run. I bolted past Xavier and back into our room. I flung my hospital gown to the side and slipped on the clothes I was wearing when we were brought in. It still had dried blood stains on it but I didn't care. We needed to get out of the hospital. I checked the hallway before allowing my body to follow the direction of my head. We headed straight to the lift. My pulse was hammering and my heart rate accelerated even more than usual. The sleek silver doors opened revealing bad news. Two women dressed in black blocked our path out. As they neared us, I took a swing at the one with blonde hair tied in a bun at the top of her head while Xavier took the Brunette. I flung my arms around but failed to land a punch. I moved around her and elbowed her in the stomach. As she was standing up, I brought my knee to her face before my foot collided with her nose, making her fall unconscious. I turned to Xavier who was still battling the brunette. He elbowed her neck before finishing the battle. 'Took you longer than me. You must really be out of it.' He glared at me before pulling me into the lift. We reached ground floor only to be surrounded by men, guns loaded and aimed directly at us. My hands went above my head in surrender and Xavier followed. 'Welcome to your last hours Anne.' We were shoved towards two black vans, Xavier led to a different one to mine. I was greeted by no one other that the doctor. I gritted my teeth and it took all of my strength not to punch him right then and there. 'Anne. Welcome.' I punched him. I couldn't hold it in. His nose bled for a minute before he lost all patience with me. 'Hurry up so we can get this over with.' He slapped me across the cheek before delivering a blow to the guts. I coughed and wheezed. Tears welled up in my eyes forcing to be acknowledged. I shook them back and looked the bastard right in the eyes. 'What do you want with me and where the hell is Valentine?' He smirked and settled down on one of the metal benches located in the back of the van. 'Me? I am simply doing what I have to do. As for Valentine, well you will get the pleasure of meeting him very soon.' He grinned maliciously before knocking me out cold only this time, it wasn't with drugs.