Chapter 31

"Is he here?" Morpheus asks through the comm."If he isn't,Crimson,I swear on my life,You will be put of patrol for a week.

"Pipe down,. I sense his presence." I say and see silhouettes of people walking by the fair happening right next to the London Eye. There was children laughing and adults smiling. I sigh and look back to sense the person I'm looking for.

"You sure you're up for this,Crimson? You just came back from the hospital." Batman say through my comm.

"No hospital bed can stop me,Batman. Remember,I predicted this,just like I did for your son's death." I say and I see the man I'm looking for. "Found him." I immediately charge at him and knock him to the ground.

"Get off me!" He starts yelling and bare my teeth at him."Mister Smith, you're coming with me." I say.

"What if I don't?" He yells.

"Right now,there is a cloaking spell around us. If I let go of you,for any reason,your body will feel pain from my claws and people will think it was from a dog,and I go safe. Now,would you like that or...." I say showing my claws.

"No,no! I'll come with." He says in fear.

I smile and let go,the cloaking spell disintegrating on us as I drag him to see Batman and Morpheus. Morpheus sneers at the puny man,and Batman crosses his arms.

"What's happening?" The man says,shaking in my grasp.

"Spit it,Squealer. Who are you and how did you do it?" I snap and help my grasp,"Or else..."

He struggles to breath and claims his arms,"Alright! I'll speak." He says dryly. I let go of  him and he breathes.

"Where is he?Where is my father?" I shout.He shudders.

"Hattress,don't hurt him. We don't hurt for answers." Batman says. I look at him with my bright red eyes. He looks at me wide eyes and steps back.

"I-I don't know exactly where he is,since he never came to me in person,nor have I seen him,but I know his alter persona." He say,shaking in fear.

I look at him. Wait,he might actually be useful. I calm my expression and morph back into my suit and kneeled down to his crippling state. "Who is he?"

He looks at me,and he softens his eyes,"Wade Laudry." He said. I let go of him as Morpheus tries to clean out his memory of this conversation. Of course he would choose his name like that. My eyes lit up at the realization. Batman must have noticed,because the next Thing he asks me is What happened.

"Is he telling the truth?You just picked him off the streets." He comments.

"He's not a random guy off the street." I say and hand him a special pair of glasses. He hesitantly presses then op top of his mask and his eyes go wide as he looks back at the man. "But that's a guard from your castle. Why is he here?" " He's a protector. Back then,we erased his mind of all Wonderland and changed his appearance,so that he thinks he's a normal human,but really he's just a netherling creature,and once used,all memeories will be erased once more and he will think nothing happened. His powers are only used in times when the queen is down.We forgot to bring him,so when my mother died,it didn't trigger,since Red was Queen back then."

"I see," he says and takes off the glasses. He sighs and hands them over to me. Morpheus clears his mind out and we both nodded at each other. I look at Batman for further approval.

"Let's go home. It's late,and we don't want to blow our cover." He says. Morpheus and I start to take flight,while Batman begins shooting his grappling hook and swing from buildling to building.

"Crimson,I have a secret mission for you." I hear Batman say in the comm.

"What is it,Batman? Is it about.....the boy" I ask and turn a corner.

"You know how you told me that Joker would kill Jason,and how he would be resurrected from the dead? Well,Joker and Jason have been gone missing for two days,and I'm afraid something's gone wrong. I think you might w able to help us. We looked all over Gotham,but found nothing." He says and we both stopped on a nearby building's rooftop. He stares at me with sad eyes and says,"Please find him,I don't want to loose him again"

I look at him with sympathy. He never showed this much emotion...."I'll try my best,Batman."

I swing by the apartment and sigh,being glad that I reached back home. I turn on the bathroom lights and strip out of my hero clothes and take a quick shower. Once I was done,I slip into a nightdress made of spiderweb. I sigh and exit the bathroom to find,Dick sitting on the table, crying. I rush up to him and Pat his head. He looks at me at first then lunges at me and hugs me to death.

"There there, Dick. I'm still here."  I sing as I hug him as well. He looks up from me and kisses me,more passionate than ever. It felt different,as if there was more emotion in it than lust. I could taste the salt on my lips from his tears. I felt guilty for yelling at him at the hospital.

"Dick,"I say escaping his lips," I'm sorry for yelling at you at the hospital. I was just thinking and didn't want you hurt you,babe."

" And it wasn't my intention to hurt you, either. I was spelled." He says in between gasp of air.

"I know," I say and kiss his forehead. I lead him to the bed and layed him down gently and turned off all the lights. When I came back to the room,I see he had gotten up and was dressing in his Nightwing outfit.

"Babe,I have to patrol the city tonight. I'll be back in the morning." He say and I nod. He heads out the window and disappears into the dark abyss of the night. I sigh and fall into the bed in exhaustion.

"I don't think I'll be alive by tomorrow,Richard Grayson...."

Hey,guys so I'm sorry if this chapter is really late,but I didn't have time to write....

I'm sorry,don't hate me😖

Houdini <3