Chapter 13

"What!" I hear the entire league says.

"I'm leaving for a few months. I need to go clear my head. But I will still be here. Just not part of the team." I say.

Canary walks up to me," You sure you're alright? I mean, standing in the sun too long can make you say stuff you don't mean."

I glare at her,"I'm not going crazy, Canary. I'm perfectly fine. Just realized something." I walk out and open the door to my room. My teams follows behind me and stands by my door and watches me pack my bags.

"Why do you want to leave?" Kaldur asks.

"I'm a burden to this team. Any more of me affiliating with you guys can and will cost lives. I don't want any one of you to die on my behalf. So, that's why I'm leaving." I place my mother's mirror in my bag and place all my clothes in. I neatly fold my hero uniform and place it in my bag.

"Crimson, is it because....." Artemis stops and the team looks at her.

I close my bag and sling it onto my shoulder," Goodbye,guys. Don't try to stop me."

Dick comes forward,and hugs me. I return the hug, "I will be back when I'm in the right mind,alright.Wait for me till then." I whisper in his ear.

He kisses my forehead and looks down,"I promise."

I nod at my team. Kaldur shakes my hand. Artemis and M'ghann hug me so hard I almost thought I broke a rib cage. Superboy asked if I could come back for visits,just so he could see Scratch and Bark. I told him they would be staying here and not coming with me,and that he could take care of them. Cheshire jumps into my bag and Wally nods his goodbye.

I was about to jump into the zeta tube and leave when I hear a slow clap coming from the shadows.

"Well,well Crimson. Didn't expect you to leave the team so early." I hear a familiar voice say.

I turn around and pull out two dagger from my pocket. I know that voice anywhere. Everyone has their weapons out and are in fighting stance,wondering where the voice is from.

"What do you want,James?" I say. James pops up from the shadows,holding a rose in his hand.

"Your head for mummy,but you fighting will do." He says and comes closer.

"Well, mommy's boy doesn't want to get his hands dirty,wo who's it gonna be this time? Your butler?" I snicker.

"Crimson,what are you doing?" Superboy says, standing in fighting position.

"Don't bother fighting against me with these animals. We both know they are too below us,princess." James says.

"Princess? Animals?" Robin looks at me,confused,"Crimson,what's going on?"

"Nothing,Robin. He's messing with you." I lied.

"Am I?Crimson,stop lying to your servants. We both know it's not your best side." He  said and raised his hand out . Crap,telekinesis.  He  holds me by the neck and flings me to the wall. I hit the wall with a thud and fall. I slowly get up,my head ringing.

"C'mon Crimson. Tell them who you are." James says ,slowly walking around dodging Wally's and Superboy's throws easily. Robin,Kaldur,M'ghann and Artemis walk towards me and help me up.

I let go of there support and stand by myself. "That's it!" I snap. I take out a baton and run toward him. We began fighting. James waved his hand and cards came out from the shadows.  The team starts fight and slicing cards one by one. James summons his Staff and begins swinging it and blocking my attacks. We went in a pattern:I'd attack and then he would. I pulled as much of my energy as I could. I was done with his little annoying habits.