Chapter 2

I wake up and I'm greeted by a bright light. I groan and turn my head. My bag was on the chair. Scratch and Bark were resting on the floor. I turn forward to see Cheshire,curled in a ball and lying on my lap,purring. I smile at the site and take my hand and pet Cheshire's soft coat. He stirred and sits up, he looks my way and hips up and down,excited that I'm awake. The bell around his neck ringing back and forth, as my dogs here the bell and get up, knowing that I'm awake. I sit up as they both starting barking with happiness.

Suddenly, the door opens and a man in a red suit enters. His face was covered and on his chest was an emblem of a lightning. I wasn't so great at remembering stuff, a side effect of being from Wonderland, but I know where I've seen it.

It was the Flash.

"Hello, Miss Heart . I see you're awake. How are you?" He says as he checks my clipboard. I didn't respond, as I was too shocked. What was going on??!! First Robin, now it's Flash. Now what??!!

"Umm....uhh...umm" I slurred. I mentally slapped my forehead. Great Crimson, you made a great first impression.

The Flash chuckles,"Ok, looks like your fine,I mean, no major injuries nor issues. Great,seems to me your fine. I don't see why Batman wants to meet you."

I feel heat boiling off my skin as I walk the kitchen and into the main entrance. There, I saw a group of kids standing in the middle of a glowing circle, and fighting. They were circling each other, punching and kicking. It look really fun till they noticed my presence and stopped. They were all my age . There was a green skinned girl, a girl with blonde hair,a dark skinned boy, a pale red head, and a pale, tall muscular boy and a small , masked boy with jet black hair,which I learned was Robin.

They came up to me, like I was some stranger,like I was an foreign object, which was ironic on many levels,to a point it made me laugh.

They stood there silent as my dogs came trailing in behind me. I stopped them and told them to go sit it the corner, and gave Scratch my bag. I walked forward towards the kids, who were smiling at me.

"Hello" I said, " My name is..."

"Miss  Heart." The dark skinned boy said. "Pleasure to meet you".

"Please,Call me Crimson." I reply. "Why did you stop fighting?" I asked.

They looked at each other. "Well, we don't fight when there is another person in front of us." They reply, nonchalantly.

"But, it was amazing! May I join?" I asked, hoping they would say yes. Fighting was perhaps my favorite thing to do.

They looked at me with wide eyes,"Umm sure.... Kid Flash, care to spare against her??" Robin said.

We stand in the center circle and begin.
"Don't worry, princess I won't go to hard, unless you want me to." He says, winking.

We both circle around each other till he pounces and throws a soft punch. I drop down and scorpion his leg. He falls down with a thund and I get up and brush myself off. I turn around and face my audience, as they have all have their mouth wide open and staring at me.

Suddenly, a dark figure entered the room. Everyone changed their direction of sight from me to the figure.

Batman,Gotham's finest.

I stood there in awe. What was going on??!!

"Miss Heart, how are you?I am Batman and welcome to the Young Justice League. " he said.

I didn't realize he was taklking to me till I turned around and mentally slapped myself. Great first impression,Crimson

"Sorry, where are my manners? I am fine, sir. " I say and hung my head.

He asks everyone to leave the room, except for Robin. I didn't mind though,he was actually kinda handsome for a guy with a mask. It bring out his chisled jaw and plump.....Crimson! Am I checking a guy out??!! No ! Snap out of it! Anyway, back to the story.....

"I saw your history. You have been living with your parents till you were ten and then changed to a foster home. You were staying with Mary Grace. You've moved from house to house,and you've been called names.CrimsonWhy did you run away?"

I shivered at the word 'run away'," I hated living in a foster care.My parents left me at a way to young age. I was vulnerable. I couldn't stand being at the foster care. Sure,my parents taught me how to fight, but I can't fight back. So, I wanted to go home.

"To London?"Robin asked.

"If that's what I call home,then so be it." I backed. I could hear Cheshire's bell ringing in my ear. I didn't want to turn,for the awkwardness. No one can see Cheshire.

"Look, my life has been a personal hell. I wanted to fight back, but where can I? I fight for Justice, not for revenge. But when the stakes change, I change. " I end the conversation there and turn around.

I hear a sigh from Batman, "Look, I'm sorry I couldn't save your parents, alright? If I had the chance, I would have. But in exchange, I would like you to work with the Justice League and the Young Justice and help others, like you, find Justice."

I look up to his now kind eyes. I could feel sincerity pulsing out and I knew he was telling the truth.Robin was looking at me with willing eyes and nodding.

I sigh,"Very well. If it means leaving a hell of a school and bullies. And fighting." I smile.

Robin extends his hand out,"Welcome to the team,Crimson Heart."