Chapter 8

It was dark. My soul was cold,as if a blast of cold hit my heart. It was lost in the bark room I was engulfed in. I look around,trying to find someone.

"Hello?" I croaked, my voice faint. All I could here was echoes. I walk forward,hoping if I walked I'd might find something. Suddenly,I hear a familiar voice.

"Crimson, please wake up. I'm not losing you." I hear a voice say. It sounded familiar. I couldn't decide if it was either Robin's voice or Dick's. I could hear the sorrow in his voice. He was sad. Was it something I did? I hear a sniffing. I wanted to wake up, but it was as if I was tied. I couldn't move. I try to move.

"C'mon Crimson. You are a wonderland princess who can morph into a wolf and a part moth. You can surely get out of a bed.Now wake up!" I thought to myself.

I open my eyes,only to be blinded by a bright light. I turn around to see a tired Dick. Then why did I hear Robin's voice? They sound so similar. Can it be....?

I shrug it off and groaned. Dick sat up, worried."Are you alright?"

"No, I have a splitting headache and my mouth is dry." I coughed. It was true.

Dick hands me bottle of water,and I chug it down. I didn't care if he sees me, I was too out of it. I look at the time on the clock. It was 10:00 pm. I had to get back to the Cave and train with Robin.

"I have to get back. My foster parents might get worried." I say and get off the bed I was lying on.

"If your going home,I'm coming with,"
He says,"to keep you safe."

I froze,"No,no. It's alright. I can go on my own. Good night!" I rush out the door,before he could follow.

I reach the phone booth, which was the zeta tube in Gotham. I was tired. Maybe I could skip practice today. I walked in and was immediately transported to the Cave. There,Batman and Black Canary was waiting.

"Evening Canary." I say.

"Crimson, you alright? You look a little pale." Batman asks.

I look down. "I honestly don't know. I don't know if I am alright." I say and walk off.

I go to my room and lie down on my bed. I close my eyes and dream of my life,back when it was normal..... Back when everything was perfectly happy.

I get the next morning to the sound of a certain bird chirping.

"Did you know you snore when you sleep?" He says,annoyingly.

"Thank you for stating the obvious,Robin." I sarcastically say as I eat M'ghann's breakfast. I was about to eat a piece of toast,when Kid Flash zipped in and snatched it from my hand. I looked at him, glaring. I was in for no one 's annoying habits right now. I was stressed.

"What?" He says,chewing on my breakfast." A speedster's gotta eat."

"Yeah Keep chewing, Twinkle Toes. Pretty soon you will fall, like all the others will." I mumble. Gladly, no one heard. I put my head on the table and twirl my fork on my index finger,using little bit of magic to keep it steady. 

"You alright, Crimson? You seem really tired." Aqualad asks, putting his hand on my shoulder. I close my eyes and sigh."Yeah, just relived a nightmare, that's all."

"Really, which one is it now?" Robin asks, playing with batarangs. I look at him, slightly confused. "I've walked in on you mumbling in your sleep. Don't worry, I don't hear anything personal. Just a whole bunch of stuff about fight among power and stuff. Must be something you read about." 

I play it off, "Yeah, yeah.... I ,um.. have been... reading. Yeah, It's this book about , um.. a girl who has ...magic powers and tries to win her kingdom back.... yeah.... very brutal battles. Really good. I don't remember the name but it was amazing!" I get up and brush off the crumbs off my suit.