20: Who she kissed

First kisses don't have to be sacred, magical things. They don't have to be perfect.

Theodore was clumsy, but Autumn remained slow. His hands fumbled awkwardly at his sides. Her fingers trembled under his chin. Their kisses were as soft as butterfly wings, their touches extremely timid. 

The night was young, cloaking the couple in the privacy of darkness. The stars glittered like millions of camera lights, trying to steal a shot of their embrace. The wind howled and created a symphony for the bare trees who danced for joy. The forces of nature were pleased.

Everyone knew that they were destined to be together.

Everyone knew before Theodore and Autumn. 

Their first kiss was small and shy, tainted with imperfections. But to them both, it wasn't the kissing that was important. It was being with each other. They had lit a small flame and it was destined to be a passionate fire. They had given each other a promise to grow and learn and experience together.

"You just kissed me," he said.

"I did."

Theodore turned his cheek and whispered a victorious yes into the cool, winter air. It got caught by the wind and Autumn heard, causing her to laugh softly.

"Do you think we'll kiss again?"

Autumn gently ran her thumb down his cheek. "Time and time again."