"Oh," I said still gazing at the dancing flame, not really sure what to say. My heart was hammering in my chest.

"But don't worry, we are experienced with dealing with powers that are different here, and training them how to control them." I glanced over at him and saw a hint of kindness on his face, but it was gone as quickly as it came.

"What exactly is here?" I asked him.

"The Royal Instruction for Gifted Casters, RIGC for short. My job is to find those who are special elementals and bring them here."

"RIGC? Never heard of it." I scrunched up my nose.

"That's because it's top secret," he explained. "Only the students, staff, and some select members of the government, including the big four, know about it."

"So almost nobody knows about this place?" I thought with despair, which meant no rescue. My mom couldn't come a bail me out of this one.

"Oh my god, my mom!" I yelled I shot to my feet

"What about your mom?" He looked up at me, confused and startled by my sudden outburst.

"She's going to wake up and I'm not going to be in my room." I could just picture her frantically looking for me right now. Why hadn't I thought about her sooner and Emily? Emily was going to think something terrible had happened to me and blame herself for not stopping me from leaving her room. Tears began threating to spill out of my eyes.

"Well, whose fault is that?" Henry said coldly. Then he squinted at me like he just noticed that I had a horn growing in the middle of my forehead, his eyes widen in terror. He shot up from his seat. "D-Da-Don't cry," he stuttered.

"I'm tr-trying no-not to!" I said, but I could already feel my breath coming out in small hiccups.

Henry began looking frantically around the room, like a man who couldn't swim on a sinking ship. Tears began to flow down my cheeks and fall onto the floor. Suddenly I felt two arms wrap around me and press me into something warm. My body stiffened as I realized what was happening. Henry was hugging me. But it was not one of those warm hugs, more like the hug you give a metal pole after you have accidentally ran into it.

He let me go after a few very uncomfortable seconds and I stared at him wide-eyed.

"Um, we will send her a message to let her know you're okay." His face has turn bright red. Well, I guess Mr. Cold didn't always play it so cool. I nodded my head without saying anything. "I'll take you to your dorm," he said walking to the wall and making the stones dissolve again.

We walked in awkward silence as he led me up the staircase. We went up the right side and he began leading me down a long hallway lit on both sides by smaller versions of the torches downstairs.

"What element are you?" I asked breaking the silence.

"Fire, isn't it obvious?" I detected a bit of sarcasm in his voice.

"Well, how did you do that thing with the wall then?"

He looked at me and smirked. "Wouldn't you like to know, little girl?" he taunted.

"Not really," I lied, "but I would like to know why you get so scared when a little girl starts crying?" I smirked at him

He stiffened and looked away from me. "Brings back bad childhood memories."

"Oh," I said and my smirked drop. I looked down at the ground. Nice going Violet, bring We lapsed back into another awkward silence.

We were halfway down the hallway when he stopped in front of a section of wall. He put his hand on it and did his little dissolving trick. The wall melted away to reveal a tiny room with a desk, bed, a lamp, and a tiny window. "This is your dorm." He held out his hand and gestured to the room before quickly dropping his hand back to his side.