(1x11) Formality, Part 2 ✓

(Edited)

(Dress on top)

My mind was completely take over by Derek as I sat there numbly doing my makeup. Where was he? I couldn't bear the thought of not knowing where he was. I threw my lipstick onto the bathroom counter, sighing as my face fell into my hands.

"Layla?" I heard my mom's voice, lifting my head up from my face.

"Mom," I forced a smile as she walked into the bathroom.

She gasped, scanning me. "You look absolutely beautiful." She awed, as she walked towards me.

I chuckled. "I tried." I forced out, with a tiny smile on my face.

Her face soon sunk at my forced expression. "Is everything okay?" She stared at me with a concern expression. I looked down at my hands, sucking in a breath.

"I don't know." I answered truthfully, looking up at my mom with a tiny shrug.

She grasped both my arms as she crouched down in front of me. "Tonight, forget everything and just have fun." She stared at me with a small smile. "Later you can fix things with that boy but when the time is right." I sighed, knowing she didn't want me to stress over this situation.

I nodded my head. "Okay." A smile slowly made its way to my face. "We should head downstairs, he mig-" I was cut off by a doorbell. "Speaking of the devil." I muttered, my mom chuckled as we walked out of my bedroom.

I froze looking over at Scott. "Aren't you looking like a gentleman." I winked at my brother as he sent me a smile.

"You look beautiful," He complimented making me send him a grin. "Have fun with your date." He shot me a smirk, making my smile soon turn into a glare.

I turned around, walking down the stairs, sending my mom a hesitant look as she walked towards the door. I pushed my hair away from my face, not knowing if I should just go upstairs and ditch this party. The door opened revealing Jake who was dressed, surprisingly clean.

I sucked in a breath, sending him an awkward smile as he scanned me slowly, making me shuffle uncomfortably. This was for sure going to be a long regretting night.

********************

I continued to hold a straight face ever since we walked into this party. The whole area inside was packed with people and one thing running through my thought was regret.

"Come on." Jake grabbed my hand, taking me towards a group of guy with their dates. He cleared his throat as we joined the group. "Hey guys." He greeted.

One of the girl's gaped at us as the others continued to stare in shock. "Oh my gosh, congrats Jake!" A ginger girl squealed, my eyebrows furrowed at the girl. Why was she squealing in happiness? "You finally got the girl you wanted!" She cheered, my head snapped towards Jake with a raised brow.

He has a cocky expression on his face. "She wanted to be my girlfriend after all." He winked at me, making my lips fall open slightly.

One of his friend's slapped his shoulder. "You got a good one." His friend uttered, scanning me as I clenched my jaw.

I put on a fake smile. "I'm taken but not by him." I shot back, shooting Jake a look as the friends looked confused. "Excuse me." I turned around and walked away from the group.