Ch.19

Ch.19

"Kihyun,just go home.Its 3AM!" Minhyuk said on the other side.

"I won't stop looking for her. Sorry I woke you up,thanks anyways" I replied as I stood up. I looked around noticing how dark and empty the park was.

"I can find out where he lives now,just give me time,okay?"

"Okay,thanks.Night" I said and hung up. I put my hands in my pockets feeling cold. Its been 3 days since she disappeared. Everyday I felt more and more miserable. I didn't know where she was,was she okay,was she even alive. I knew Minhyuk will find his house sooner or later,but anything could happen until that. Calling her and texting her was no use - I had a feeling like Yongguk was reading everything I send. I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket.I took it and saw a message from Minhyuk.

Go home.Tomorrow morning you'll know everything.

I sighed and decided to listen to him.He was right.I barely slept those 3 days,I couldn't stop worrying about her.I opened the door of my house and walked in. Without her,that house was empty. I ignored the messy living room and walked to my bedroom.It has been ages since I last cleaned it. I laid on my bed and tried to fall asleep,but it was impossible. Her face appeared in my mind. She looked so scared and helpless. How was I suppost to sleep knowing she was in his hands? My mind kept telling me to get up and look for her one more time,but my body didn't want to. I was too weak for anything. I felt a huge pain in my stomach,like someone stabbed me. I didn't eat or drink,I didn't want to waste my time. She was more important. I stood up lazily and went to the kitchen. I opened the fridge and found something to eat. It took me so long to finish because I didn't have an appetite,but I had to eat something. After a while,I went back to the bedroom and laid on my bed. Of course,I didn't sleep. I tried thinking positively for a change. I will find her,bring her back,prove how much I love her and live happily with her.

I checked the time on my phone. It was 9AM already. When I was about to call Minhyuk,he texted me.

Okay,so this is what I found out. He is staying at his older sister's house. I'll send you a picture of it,you'll find it easily. Its right next to our old school.

I smiled and opened the picture. I didn't know how to say thank you since the words couldn't describe how thankful I was. He helped me a lot. I stood up and put on my hoodie. I took my phone in case I need it. I took a bus to my old school. I got off the bus and walked closer. I noticed a few cars and some people outside. I walked to a girl who was standing alone.

"Excuse me" I said. She looked at me and smiled warmly.

"How can I help you?"

"What is happening?" I asked and pointed at the people.

"Oh,tomorrow's a wedding" She replied happily.

"A w-wedding?" I repeated,hoping I heard wrong. But I didn't.

"Yes. Our cousin's son,Bang Yongguk is getting married to a girl called Song Lee Na. We gathered here to see her for the first time. Lets go now" She took my hand and started walking. I walked behind her confused. They were getting married? No,no,it was a mistake.

She can't get married to him.

"My name is Noori" The girl said all of a sudden.

"I'm Kihyun" I said uninterested. "Are you sure those two are getting married?"

"Yes,its all over the news!" She exclaimed. "Lee Na ran away from home,but she came back to Yongguk because she loved him"

We sat down on the couch in the living room. I stared at my hands blankly. I didn't want to believe in that. He took her away from me,she didn't come back to him. My mind was a complete mess. The girl kept on talking to me,but I ignored her most of the time. I looked around the room,hoping to see her. I just needed to see if she was okay. He better not hurt her. It was wrong,everyone was wrong. She won't marry him.

"Here they are!" She said excitedly and pointed at the stairs. Yongguk came down first. I lowered my head a little and hid behind an old man who was sitting next to me. Then,she appeared. She was walking down the stairs slowly. I wanted to see her face,to meet her beautiful eyes,but her hair was covering her whole face.

"Come here,baby" Yongguk said and held his hand for her. She looked at him and took his hand unwilingly. She walked past him and sat across us. She raised her head and eyed all of us.

Then our eyes met.

Her eyes widened in shock. She had a few bruises on her face that she tried to hide with make-up. She looked so tired and weak.At that moment,I realized how much I actually missed her. Maybe it was a short time,but I felt different with her. She was stubborn and determined,but still loveabe. By the look on her face,I knew he hurt her. I felt so angry,but I had to contain myself. There were too many people inside. She looked away when Yongguk started talking.

"As you already know,Lee Na and I will get married tomorrow"

Tomorrow? No,no,it was too fast. I kept my mouth shut even though I wanted to kill him. He was looking at her with a smirk while talking. She avoided his eyes and bit her lip. I could feel how scared she was. 

"It would be nice if all of you come. Everyone is invited" He said.

"I'll go use a bathroom" Lee Na suddenly said and stood up. She walked away quickly while Yongguk was glaring at her,but soon turned to us with a small smile.

"I'll go out for some air" I said with a deep voice. I didn't want him to recognize me. He nodded without looking at me and continued talking to the others. Instead of walking out,I tried finding Lee Na. I was walking down the hallway when I noticed her.

"Lee Na!" I called. She turned around and smiled at me weakly.

"Hey Kihyun"