Chapter 1

I never thought that my closest friends would ever betray me and leave me for dead. Erza, Gray, and Natsu completely abandoned me. This is my story:

It was a month before Lisanna would return with her stuff. We all knew that she would return. She informed us before coming back, so she could get her stuff and recall her spells.

I was casually sitting with my team, Natsu Dragneel, Gray Fullbuster, and Erza Scarlet. "Hey, guys," I say, a calm smile appearing on my face. "It has been months since we've been on a mission." Everyone nods in agreement as a hopeful look appears on my face.

"I see what you mean by this," Gray says, a chill smile appearing on his face. Natsu grins arrogantly, putting his arm around my shoulders. "I agree. I need more money for my precious strawberry cakes," Erza says in delight.

"Alright, Luce!" Natsu says joyfully, turning his gaze to the blue cat. "How does this sound to you, Happy?" Happy nods cheerfully, taking another bite out of his fish. A smile appears on my lips as Natsu leads me to the mission board.

We make it to the mission board as my eyes widen in surprise. "Hey, look at this one," Erza says in a serious tone. I turn to look over her shoulder, reading the mission. It said this:

There's an island that no one has ever been to;
It is right near Tenroe island;
This island contains people that need to be stopped;
I request for the most powerful wizards to stop them once and for all.
Someday, you will destroy them and we will get our home back.

I smile, exchanging a long look with my friends. How hard could this possibly be? "Let's do this one!" Natsu says as a toothy grin appears on his face. A bad feeling forms in the pit of my stomach as I gather my whip and celestial spirit keys.

"Let's go and help them!" I say cheerfully, ignoring the uneasy feeling in my stomach. It wasn't long before we were on the boat, heading to the island. As usual, Natsu was throwing up due to his motion sickness, and Gray was chuckling about that.

A sudden, dark energy startles me as an island comes into view. I furrow my eyebrows, wondering what type of threat could exist. Who would threaten innocent civilians like this?

When I took a step off the boat, I glance all around. The trees were dark and lifeless, having an odd presence about them. This place, undoubtedly, was a nightmare. I heave a sigh, knowing that we had to help them get their home back.

A small rustling noise came from the forest as my eyes widen in terror. It sounded like someone was headed in our direction and wanted us to know that they were coming. "Whose there?" Natsu says sternly, holding me behind him in a protective manner. I watch as darkness surrounds the trees, polluting them in oil. I heave an uneasy sigh, knowing something bad was about to happen.

"Your biggest fear." An unfamiliar voice roars as the darkness slowly surrounding us. I clench my trembling fists, glancing all around anxiously. Red eyes appear in front of me as I back away in terror. The red orbs were practically glowing as darkness illuminated from a sudden figure.

"What...? Who are you?" Erza says sternly, clenching her fists around her two swords. Was Erza actually scared of this guy? I furrow my eyebrows in concentration, wondering who we were facing and what was about to happen.

"I'm your worst nightmare," the voice continues in an amusing yet sadistic tone. "My name is Darkon." A male steps out of the shadows, having black hair that seemed to glow in the darkness and fiery, red eyes that could see through your soul.

"I'm all fired up!" Natsu says as fire emerges from his palms. I watch as the fire dragon slayer charges at the unknown male, being sent to the ground. My eyes widen in horror as bruises cover Natsu's entire body. I narrow my eyes at the male, not daring to look away.