💜 Kids Don't Lie

Start from the beginning

A sudden image flashed through my eyes, imagining Jungkook playing with our baby and I couldn't help but blush at the thought. Stupid Taehyung, don't think about stuff like that! Jungkook was humming a lullaby to Taeyoung and all I could do is to sit there and stare at the beautiful creature I have, admittedly, fallen in love with who is putting my sister to sleep. Why do you keep doing this to me, Jeon?

"Kookie kissh Youngie night-night, pwease."

Jungkook giggled and leaned towards the crib to kiss Taeyoung and mumble a soft good night while stroking her hair. I smiled at the scene that always makes my heart flutter. Jungkook and I were the exact opposites when it comes to children. He has this motherly figure towards them and I would be the one to bully them, he likes being with kids and I don't exactly take a liking upon little monsters who eat dirt for fun. But I always try to be nice to them whenever Jungkook is around

Jungkook looks at Taeyoung lovingly when she finally fell asleep. Jungkook has his cheek against the crib tracing Taeyoung's facial features with a smile on his face. And I was lucky to witness such a heart-warming sight. I take it back when I said that Jungkook likes kids; he loves them. Maybe I'm just jealous that they have Jungkook's attention.

"Let's go to bed, Kookie." I said when he shifted from his seat and yawned, he nodded and rubbed his eyes cutely. "Cute." I mumbled ruffling his hair. He yawned again, and I was quick to carry him, my hands supporting Jungkook's bottom and back, him wrapping his arms around my neck, head resting on my shoulder. We reached my bedroom and I set Jungkook down to his bed. I had two beds in my bedroom since Jungkook always slept over often and I had a bed in Jungkook's house, too.

"Tae, sleep with me. Please?" I didn't think twice when I hopped onto his bed and pulled him closer to me. Jungkook immediately cuddles and my day is officially complete with Jungkook in my arms, fast asleep. I kissed his head gently before muttering good night to my precious bunny.

🍬

"How old is she?" An ahjumma passing by asked Jungkook, she happened to be visiting our neighbors next door and she wanted to explore the neighborhood a bit. "She's three years old." Jungkook proudly answered like he was Taeyoung's true sibling. "She looks a lot like you, dear." The ahjumma pointed to me, I smiled and thanked her. "The two of you raised your daughter well." Taeyoung giggled while Jungkook and I were blown out of our minds. Did she just call Taeyoung our daughter? I looked over to Jungkook seeing his face beet red and if it wasn't for the ahjumma standing in front of our front yard, I would've laughed at his reaction.

"Oh, no. You must be mistaken, ahjumma. She's my younger sister and he's my best friend."

"Is that so?" She laughed heartily, "I'm sorry, kids. Must have been because you looked adorable together like a real couple would." She gave us a final wave before continuing to explore.

Jungkook still wasn't in his right mind ever since the lady said that we were a couple. Did it really have a huge effect on him? "Jungkookie. Earth to Jungkook."

"I'm sorry." Then he began laughing, what is wrong with this kid? "I'm just... wow. Did she really say that?"

"She did." And then we both burst out laughing. "I guess we look pretty good together, huh?" I said after we finished the last of our giggles. Jungkook just smiled shyly and a blush of pink was visible near his neck. This boy just makes my heart jump.

"You'll have to get back to uni tonight, right?"

I swear I could hear his voice cracking, sounding a bit sad that we have to part ways again, "We didn't have any alone time together." He added. I felt a bit guilty for not having spent enough time with Jungkook since I had to watch Taeyoung for the weekend because my parents are out of town.