"What the hell, did you just say?!" Gwen shouts grabbing her by her shirt and slamming her against the lockers. Fear spread all over the girl's face "I...I..." she stutters.

"It's fine, Gwen." I walk over to Gwen placing my hand on her arm. She looks at me then to the girl and let go.

The girl stood there looking at me as if waiting for me to smack her, but I let it slide and turn walking away. Gwen caught up beside me, "You're just going to let her slide with what she said?!" She says in disbelief.

"Beating her up wasn't going to make people or her stop." I say stopping at my locker. Let's see what's my locker combination this year? "Fourteen, two, and thirty-six . . ." I mumble to myself turning the lock.

Gwen leans on the locker sighing deeply, "You have a point." She whispers in defeat, "But," she held her index finger in the air in front of her, ". . . we could still beat them up!" She suggests smiling wickedly.

I scoff giving her a look, "Fine! I won't do anything to her." She says throwing her hands up walking away, "I'll see you at lunch, Dara."

I don't know what to do because I never had a class without Gwen since we've met in elementary. She would always stick up for me, but I knew I couldn't always depend on her to save the day.

First, second and third period was horrible, they kept spitting at me and saying all this type of stuff. I had to go to the bathroom during each passing time just to wash my hair from people's spit.

No, this is not good. Lauren's clicke is in here putting make-up on. Just turn around, Dara! Why am I just standing here! Move!

A loud girly laughter broke my thoughts, "Ew, look who just walked in!" All the girls glances up at me and let out a fake laugh.

Way to go, Dara. You could've just turned around!

Everyone stops laughing as Lauren walks up to me, "Guess it's all starting all over again like last year, huh? I guess you haven't lost any weight, too." She grabs my fat knowing how I felt about her grabbing it and grabbing it is always way out of line. She fell on the wet floor squealing for someone to help her up.

Oh no! I shouldn't have done that...she'll just make my life even worse! 

"Oh my gosh! Lauren your eye is like bruising!" one girl spoke dumbfoundedly. I'm not the fighting kind of person but it felt good! No, I should feel guilty! No, I don't know what to feel.

Lauren got up standing face to face with me, well not really she was a few inches taller than me probably 5ft7. "You're going to pay for this." She says through her clench teeth then walking out the bathroom as every other girl follows.

I can't believe I just punched her and gave her a black eye!! I squeal. Walking over to the sink, I start to wash my hair in disgust. I am now filled with sadness, once again. Why can't I get the things they say to me out of my head? Ughh!

"I really need to quit crying!" I nearly shout, quickly wiping my tears away. "Maybe, I really need to leave this place." I mumble to myself.

Pulling my hair into a pony tail, I head for fourth hour even though I am late. Should I just skip? No, I can't imagine myself skipping.

I guess the teacher isn't here, yet. She's probably at a meeting. Whao! There's a really cute guy sitting in front of my desk in the back. I haven't seen him around, let's see... has black hair, cut short but slicked back in a stylish way and peicing icy blue eyes. Cute, must be italian but he's not going to be interested in me.

Taking my seat in the corner like always by the window, Ms. Shewman walks in slamming her books in her hand on her desk in front.

Phew! I came in perfect timing.

She starts writing mathematic problems on the board immediately, and I had a tip from Gwen about how this class would be. So, I was prepared and wrote the notes on the board in my notebook and tried solving them. The new kid isn't even bother writing it down. He's going to fail if he just sits there with his arms crossed like he's going to magically pass this class. Should I tell him to write this down? No, I shouldn't. He's probably friends with Lauren. Yes, I should! If I were him, I would want someone to do the same for me!

Leaning forward in my seat, I reach out tapping his shoulder. I can't believe I'm doing this! 

He turns to look at me, "You know you're suppose to write this down." I whisper.

He looked at me then down at his shoulder where I had tapped him then look back at me and brushed it off.

Oh my Goodness. I drop my jaw at what he just did and he turns back around. I cannot believe he just did that. I was just trying to help him. I want to slap him.

"Ms. Eden please come up here and solve this problem." Ms. Shewman asked a girl in front. She stood up nervously and she glares at the board clueless. "I...I don't know." she says giving her the chalk back. Ms. Shewman rolls her eyes "Ms. Costello!"

What?! No! I don't want, too! But, I stood up anyway. I hate myself. I grab the chalk from her hand hesitantly. I do not trust the class watching me from behind. Gulping deeply, I begin solving the problem.

"Oh look! Her fat ass doesn't always spend her time eating!" David remarks, he's the varisity team football captain also my sister's boyfriend. They had met at one of the football game last year when I went with Gwen.

I fight back the tears as everyone laughs. Ms. Shewman is not even bothering sticking up for me, but laughing along with them. How great is that.

Tightening my grip around the chalk, I can't take this anymore! I turn around grabbing the chalkboard easer, throwing it at David.

Yes, right in the eye.

He let out a painful groan, "You fat bitch!" He yells covering his right eye, "Now, I won't be able to play for football!" He stood from his seat as two of his team mates stood up cursing at me at how they need him for the game.

"What is wrong with you?" Ms. Shewman asks in disgust, "How are we going to win the national championship, now? Huh?" She pulls her brows together.

"What is wrong with me? What is wrong with you?!" I shout back, "Laughing while someone just made a rude comment on a student, you are supposed to tell them to shut up and that that was rude!" I point at David as the whole class went silent. I caught a glance of the new student, he didn't even laugh with them he just...watched.

"You wouldn't have liked if I had pointed out your big gap between your teeth!" Her face became hard and everyone burst into another fit of laughter, "And David," I look at him, ". . . I don't give a crap if you win or lose the stupid game! You want to know why?" I pause not waiting for his response, ". . . Because it wasn't my fault for opening that danm mouth of yours!" And with that I went to go sit at my desk, but I felt a pain of being smash against the wall by Michael, David's friend.  

"I'm in the hospital?" I groan in pain as I try to adjust my eye sight from waking up.

"Oh, Sweetie." My dad immediately came to my side. My heart shatters at the tone of his voice, he sounds so helpless, "I swear I will get every penny from that little boy for putting his hands on you!" He spoke with a threatening tone.

I start to cry as he quickly sits next to me "Darling, don't cry you'll make me cry!" I chuckle a bit.

He brushes my hair with his fingers, laying a kiss on my forehead. I don't know what to say or do to make him feel better.

 I look down at my hands, "Dad, I don't want to go back!" I broke into a cry for help.

He pulls me into a hug, "You don't have to." He whispers placing another kiss on my head, "Dara, I've been thinking about what you had asked me. I called Uncle Liam, and you'll be living with him for a while. Like you said, I won't tell anyone where you are, sounds good?" 

"Thanks, Dad." I say with a broken voice. 

I've been asking my dad if I could move away from Boston for a while and live with one of my aunts or uncles.  I'm glad he chose Uncle Liam because he's one of the most popular fitness trainers in the world right now. He could help me lose my weight.

My senior year, people better watch out for the new Dara Costello because they don't know what's heading their way.