"You can never be mad at me." I said, proudly.

"I can. I choose not to."

"Liar. You can't last a day without me."

"I did." He simpered.

"You missed me tho." I responded.

"Yeah, I did." He said, not contradicting it.

His eyes widened suddenly and I looked at him funny.

"School!" He bellowed and quickly put the car back in drive.

He sped down the road, with me clutching on to the dash board for my dear life.

I am never ever driving with him again. (You and I, we both know that's a lie though).

As we entered the hallway, sprinting slightly,  he pleaded, "Please don't argue with Mr. Montez again. You don't want another detention now, do you?"

"Mhm. I'll try." No promises.

I burst open the door of our spacious class room and as usual, Mr. Montez glared at us.

I pouted feigning sadness, "What? No hello? Aren't you happy to see your two favourite students? I-"

Blaze put his hand on my mouth, effectively shutting me up.

"Sorry." He atoned and dragged me to the seat, his hand still around my mouth. As you could see, he didn't trust me enough to keep my mouth shut. Not that I blamed him.

He let go as we sat and I just shook my head.

I sat through the lecture, noiselessly, deciding that I should be good for once.

I got imbibed in my own thoughts and before I knew it, everyone was rushing out, eager to get to their next classes before the late bell.

I stood up, feeling a little wobbly but I shrugged it off. Blaze and I hurried to our next class, and we occupied the seats in the middle of the class.

The math lecture dragged on and on and frankly, I didn't understand a word. However, the teacher kept on teaching, not caring if we understood or not.

Just as the lecture was about to end, the teacher asked if we had any doubts and I raised my hand.

"Yes, Alaska?"

"I have a very serious doubt."

"Go ahead." She slightly frowned.

"Just, what the fuck?" I replied, the corners of my lips twitching slightly.

Now, everyone knew how strict she really was but none of them could control their chuckles. Her face turned red and she shouted, "Detention!" slapping a pink slip on my desk.

"Don't give her a detention." Blaze pouted, cutting in.

"Shut up, Blaze." she snapped.

"Pleaseeee?" He tried again, sticking his bottom lip out.

So cute, ugh.

"If you say a word more, I'll give you a detention too!"

He shrugged and said,  "As long as she is there, I'm all set."

I swear I could hear someone 'aww' and I secretly smiled.

She glared at him and slapped another pink slip on his desk, which was just next to mine. Blaze looked at me and said, "you won't be alone there anymore." and I swear, in that moment, I couldn't find any air to breathe. My cheeks turned red and I smiled at him.