Chapter 32: Time With the Folks

Start from the beginning

"Oh yeah? Is it a hard schedule? Like when you're at work and Madison is home sleeping, then when she wakes up you're sleeping." Miranda asked interested in how they made it work. Madison didn't wanna talk about it, and Daryl didn't seem to pick that up. "We still see each other a lot actually. She's up most mornings when I come home." Daryl smiled, proud that he had a good woman in his life that cared enough to wake up at the crack of dawn with him. "Awe, isn't that sweet." Miranda said.

They finished breakfast and Daryl headed outside with Brian. "So, I have all this wood." He said opening a large shed. "And I was wondering if you'd help me make a bookshelf with it?" Brian asked. Daryl was good with his hands and enjoyed building. "Yeah, I can do that." He answered. "And feel free to build whatever else you'd like." Brian said. Daryl nodded his head and took the measurements from Brian. "I'll be over here, fixing this old dresser. If you need help don't be afraid to ask." Brian said and walked to the other side of the shed.

Madison was currently on her second batch of chocolate chip cookies. She kept sneaking a bite of the cookie mix when her mother wasn't looking. Miranda would scold her if she knew. Madison sat down at the table and waited until the cookies were done. "Everything okay?" Miranda asked and sat next to her. "Yeah, I'm just missing home a lot. John said he was selling his house and Daryl and I wanted to buy it, but we don't have the cash." She explained. "Really, you guys want to move up here?" Miranda would love for her daughter to be closer to her.

"Yeah, but like I said no money." Madison frowned. Miranda knew of plenty of house for sale, John's house was quite large and had a lot of property, but Miranda knew places twice the size for the same price he was selling his for. Miranda would even help her daughter out if that's what she really wanted.

"After the cookies are done why don't you and I take a drive. I have a few things I wanna show you." Miranda spoke up. "Alright." Madison said and the timer went off. She stood up to get to cookies.

Daryl was having a blast in Brian's shed. It was a giant man cave and Daryl was enjoying having some man time to himself. He was all sweaty and had saw dust all over him. "Brian was working on the dresser and Daryl was just about done with the bookshelf.

"What's this for anyways?" Daryl asked Brian who was taking a drink of water. "It's a Christmas present for Miranda. She has way too many books for the shelf in our bedroom. I'm hoping Madison will come out and paint it later." Brian said and tossed Daryl a water bottle. "Thanks." He grunted out. Daryl liked Brian a lot. He was basically the father that Daryl never had.

"I'm gonna try and pay ya' back for that money. It might take me awhile, but I'll get it to ya'." Daryl said. Brian shook his head and waved a hand at Daryl. "Don't worry about it." "Nah. I'm not one to just take somethin'. I'm gonna pay ya' back. I want to." Daryl told him. Brian was going to protest, but he could see that paying him back was something that Daryl needed to do. Daryl wanted to pay Brian back and show Brian that he could take care of Madison.

Madison and Miranda just finished all the chocolate chip cookies. They still had sugar cookies to make, and a few cakes. But, Miranda put those on hold for now. Miranda drove Madison down the street. There was a cute little house  for rent, and if Madison was interested then maybe they could live there until they had enough money to buy a house. "That house is for rent if you want it." Miranda told her. Madison thought the little baby blue house was cute and it would be nice to move up here, but Madison couldn't make the decisions alone. She would need Daryl.

Miranda continued to show Madison all the available houses that were either for sale or for rent, and Madison was falling in love with each of them for individual reasons. "I like them, but Daryl and I will have to talk about it." Madison told her mom. She understood and drive back home, ready to start on the next batch of cookies.

Daryl finally finished the bookshelf and Brian was more than pleased with how it turned out. "It looks amazing. You're quite the craftsman." Brian patted Daryl on the back. "Thanks Daryl." Daryl nodded wiped the sweat from his forehead. It was hot in the shed and doing all that work made him sweaty.

"Let's go inside and check on the girls. You can have another shower to if you want." Brian and Daryl walked inside and smiled at their women. Madison walked over to Daryl and gave him a hug, but pulled away and giggled when she realized how sticky and sweaty he was. "I need a shower doll," Daryl said. "So do I. Wanna go get one?" Madi asked him. Daryl nodded and started heading upstairs. "Mom? You got the cookies?" She asked. "Yup." Miranda smiled and watched her daughter run upstairs to the shower.

As Daryl and Madison were showering, Madison thought it would be a good time to bring up the houses. "My mom took me for a drive." She mentioned. "Oh yeah?" Daryl asked washing his arms. "Mhm, she showed me a bunch of houses for sale... And ones for rent. They were nice. You should see them, tell me what you think." Madison was hoping that Daryl would be willing to look.

"Maybe before we leave we can check them out together." He said and kissed her lips before shampooing his hair. "I'm so giving you a hair cut later." Madison said as Daryl rinsed his hair. "Good. Needs trimmed." He mentioned and moved Madison under the shower head. "I'm taking off a few inches, Daryl." Madison said. Daryl didn't really care if his hair was short or long, as long as it wasn't buzzed off he'd be fine with having a hair cut.

Daryl and Madison stepped out of the shower and dried off. They both slipped downstairs and into her bedroom to get dressed. "What did my dad want you to do?" Madison asked pulling on the lace panties that Daryl had gotten her for Christmas. Daryl got distracted. "He uh... Wanted me to build a bookshelf." Daryl's mouth watered when she dropped her towel to the floor, revealing her full, perky breast for his eyes to gaze at. He looked away trying to control himself and hoped he wouldn't pop a boner at the moment. Daryl pulled on his boxers and a pair of sweatpants. Madison slipped on a pair of shorts and Daryl's t shirt.

"Yer' legs." He said looking down at the insides of her thighs, seeing the bruises that were still there from a few days ago. "Oh, crap." Madison pulled off the shorts and put a pair of pajamas on. "That's better." She smiled and walked over to Daryl. Madison wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him down to kiss her. "Love you." She said patting his back. "Love ya' too." Daryl said and crouching down to pick her up. Madison squealed when he lifted her up and she wrapped her legs around his waist. "I still can't believe you can pick me up!" She giggled and squeezed him tight.

"I think it's all in yer' head Mads. Yer' not big, yer' curvy. Yer' not fat either and ya' need to learn to accept that because I absolutely adore every inch of ya', okay." Daryl said sweetly to her. Madison started to tear up on him, and she looked down. "That's the sweetest thing I've ever heard in my life." She mumbled out. "You're my everything Daryl, and I love you so, so much." She said and kissed him lips roughly. "I love ya'." Daryl said into the kiss. "Yer' perfect for me Madison, and I can't imagine my life without ya'." Daryl whispered in her ear.

He finally put her down and looked at the clock, it was around two in the afternoon. "Yer' dad wants ya' to paint that bookshelf, might wanna get started. Christmas is tomorrow." He told her. "Shit! That's right. I'm so not ready for tomorrow at all!" Madison took a deep breath and tried not to get stressed out. "It'll be fine, darlin'. Now go see yer' dad so ye' can start that bookshelf."

******
💜Don't forget to Comment and Vote please!!

💚If you haven't sent me your cover to me yet, please send it ASAP so I can pick one!

Sorry for typos. If you find like... A huge mistake please tell me.

Thanks ~ InSearchOfFlames 🔥🔥🔥