Chapter 21: Back To School

Emma's outfit above
_____________
Emma's P.O.V

I opened my eyes to the sound of my alarm. I set it last night to wave me up for school. Yep I'm going back, but only to finish the year and get my diploma. So I can move on with my life. I got out of bed and grabbed some blue ripped shorts, black crop top, a white sweater with. black strips, and some black combat boots. I live this outfit. Marija brought it over from my hoise. Last night when we went out to dinner I told them I wanted to go back to school. Marija was okay with it, but Luke was not so much. He kept saying 'what is something happens?' In his worrying voice.

I walked over to the bathroom and took a long needed hot shower. After I was done I turned off the water and wrapped myself in a white fluffy towel. I got changed and desited to curl my ling Brown hair, I put some light makeup on after I was done with my hair. I walked out of the bathroom and grabbed my phone and backpack from my room and walked to the kitchen. Marija must still be in dream land because I could hear her snoring all the way from here. I grabbed an Apple and a water bodle and walked out. I hoped into my purple sports car. I have never driven this to school, only to my fights. But since I am being my self, well thus is me. I turned on the engine and made my way to school.

I told Luke I would keep my appearance as "the nerd" it was the only way he would let me come to school, boy He was in for a surprise. He would throw a huge fuss. And I was not looking forward to that. Buy I'm tired of acting like something I'm not. I pulled up to the school and parked in the closest parking spot, that just happened to be right in front of the main entrance. I got out, and noticed everyone was staring on me. It was so quiet you could here a pen drop.

I desited to ignore them and walked through the school doors. As I walked through the hallway people strapped and whispered about me. I made it to my locker and had NERD spray painted in big red letters. I opened it and grabbed my books and slammed the door shut. I was suprised to see Ryan, my school bully. I mean Eveyone used to bully me, but Ryan just did it the most for some reason. If you don't remember him, he is the one that put all the poor dead frogs in my locker a few weeks ago, he also, being the nice guy he is shoved me into the lockers and poured a egg on my head. I was brought out of my thoughts when he started to talk. "Hello there" he said leaning against some lockers, smiling like a dummy. "Are you flirting with me?" I asked with no expression on my face or in my voice. "Oh course I am, it's just your new and hot and I'm the most popular boy in school, I mean look at me" he said swishing his hair 10 times.

I couldn't help it. I started to smile slowly. I couldn't hold it in any more. All the sudden I burst out laughing. Kids stoped what they were doing and stared at us with interest. "Your, (lagph) flirting, (laghp) with the, (lagph) nerd. (Laghp)" I tried to calm down, but when I looked at his face He looked so confused. I laughed again. I stoped laphing and looked a him dead in the eye "I'm not new" I said happily and turned on my heal and started to walk away, but then I stoped. I turned around and walked back to him. He smiled and so did I. When I was just a few feet away I punched him. He fell to the ground and some kids gasped. "Bi***" he said looking up. I must have broken his nose. "That's for all the bullying and, just so u know, your not the most popular boy, Luke is" I said defending Luke and with that I walked to my first class.

When I opened the door Eveyone looked at me including the teacher and Luke. Sence I had world history first I had to seat with Luke, because of that project. "Hello, you must be new" the teacher said. I walked up and said "sorry but I'm not new, my name is Emma Taylor, You know the smartest student in school. Since I have been a absent, I would like the work I missed please" I said with a small smile. All the sudden my teacher looked totally shocked. I just let it go and walked to my seat next to Luke. "You can talk now" I said calm to the class, Eveyone looked at me for a second more and began to whisper about me. I turned to see Luke starting to turn red. Not like cute blush red, more like a he is supper mad, murder mad. "Okay just calm down, deep breaths" I said smiling at him. He calmed down a little. I could tell he was still vary mad it me for liying to him. "Why arnt you a nerd?" He asked coldly. "nerd, I never really liked that word. I mean, just because I'm smarter than you, you have to bully me? I mean it's not my fault your dumb, but anyway to answer your question, I'm not a 'nerd' because I want to be myself." I said as if it was nothing. I started to take out the project from a few weeks ago. I'm just happy it was in my backpack. I finally looked at Luke. He had a wired expression on his face. "Okay" Is all he said before taking the project from my desk and started to wright down things. I was confused I thought he would put up more of a tantrum. But I guess I was wrong. "Cool" I said and with that we worked tell the bell rang.

Time skipped to lunch.

All day I have been getting looked and whispers. Its nice to show that I don't care what they think. I think the thing that I love most is not wearing fake glasses and people are I think scared of me.

I walked into the lunch room and got in the lunch line, I got stairs but me being me just engorged them. After I got my food I was walking to a table in the corner with no people but I was walking when Ryan put his foot out, and tripped me. "Watch it nerd! Just because your nicer looking doesn't change anything! Your still a stupid nerd. And that's never going to change." He yelled at me. I know had food all over me. I looked up mad, but something stoped me from moving. "Right Luke?" Ryan asked Luke. I looked at Luke and he looked at me then Ryan and then at Eveyone who were silent.

This is the one moment to test Luke.

The next words would change my life.

Luke opened his mouth and the words...

"Right"

Oh my God! Did he just agree with him? No I must have heard wrong! I looked at him with tears clogging my eyes. "What?" I asked quietly, my voice cracking. He did not look at me.
One second latter kids were laphing and taking pictures and videos and calling me nerd.
No this can't be happening? why is this happening?
Why is Luke letting this happen?
I got up and ran out of the lunch room. Letting all the tears stream down my face. I ran out side to my car and got in fast. I screamed really loud.

I started the car. I desited to go to my house and pack my bags. I'm leaving! I have had it! I can get my diploma on the computer, I have all my creadts. Ya that's sounds good, all just do that and start new. I might even get a puppy.

I started the car and started to drive fast. And then I thought about Luke. Tears streaming out of my face. I was getting close to the shortcut bridge were it crosses over to my street. No one knew it was there except only a few people. I started to drive faster, and faster. Luke popped in my head again and I lost control.

I was now on the bridge, when I saw a squeal crossing the bridge. It wasn't going to move in time so I swerved. I could barely see with all the tears in my eyes.

I screamed. I felt my car go over the bridge as it dove into the freezing cold water.

I felt the cold wash over me. I tried to move, to open the door, to breath, but I just couldnt.

I tried, I really did

--------------------------------------------
1593 words
Omg, I started to tear up well writing the last part. Please don't kill me for the ending!

Don't worry this is not the ending of the book!

Next chapter well be Luke, and you well see why Luke did what he did.

Anyway hope you liked the chapter, Please, please, please VOTE and comment! My goal is 500 votes on my book. So,
Thanks:
Melanie