F o u r t y t h r e e

Jack

She's not coming back, is she? She's probably happy with Sammy? Wait, what if he beat her again? My thoughts overwhelm my brain, Tessa taking most parts of them.

I crawl into bed, it was only nine at night but I was tired. Sleep was something I currently wasn't getting all because Tessa wasn't at my side. I grab a pillow and pull it close to my chest. It was the closest thing I had to her. Tears start running down my cheeks as always and I cry myself to sleep. Again

-

"Jack! Jack wake up!" I could hear Charles's annoying ass voice ringing through my head.

"What! I'm up, I'm up!" I groan throwing a pillow at him lightly. He giggles and starts jumping on the bed.

"We are going on vacation!" He shrieks and I cover my ears.

"Charles! Shut up you're so loud." I said but he continues laughing and jumping around. He runs around my room and I stare him down. There was a knock at the door and Emily comes in, a bright smile on her face.

"I suppose Charles told you about the vacation!" She says and I nod my head, "Where are we going?"

"Hawaii!" Charles yells loudly and I eye him and he laughs for the hundredth time.

"When do we leave?" I ask.

"Tonight, so start packing!" She says, leaving me and Charles alone.

"Come on Jack! I'll help you pack!" He says going into my closet pulling out a black suit case.

"Alright kid, you throw some jeans in there and white shirts, lots of them." I say and he nods his head. He does as I say and I raise a eyebrow, smiling. He's not all bad, he's decent.

I take a quick shower and make sure to shave my face. Charles walked in while I was shaving and looked at me, tilting his head.

"Let me see that!" He says trying to reach for it but of course, he was way too short.

"No! Where are you even gonna shave!" I say and he giggles, "My toes! They have hair!"

I twitch my eye at him, "Maybe next year kiddo."

"Jack!" He whines.

"Did you finish with my suit case?" I ask, hoping to get this little shit heads mind on something else.

"Yes." He says proudly and walks out the bathroom. I wash the cream off my face and walk into my room. Surprisingly, Charles did a pretty fucking good job packing up my things.

"Thanks kid." I say giving him a pat on the back. He smiles at me, flipping his dark brown hair to the side.

"Come on, they probably had something to eat downstairs!" I say and we both rush downstairs.

My father and Emily had breakfast served, and we all sat down and dug in. Midway, the doorbell rings and both my father and Emily look at each other confused. Charles as well.

Oh my god please, please be Tessa.

Charles rushed to the door and I'm shaking, not being able to hold my fork in place. Charles screams and I can't hold it back anymore, "Tessa?"

I run over to Charles but only to have my heart crushed. Anna stood there with a boy around her age, he must've been her boyfriend.

"O-oh I'm sorry." I mumble and look at the ground.

"Tyler, this is Jack my cousin." I'm introduced to Tyler by Anna. We shake hands. Anna smiles at me walking past, going to see my father and Emily. Charles look at me with a sad look.

"She'll come back Jack, don't worry." Charles says and I laugh at him.

"N-no she won't." I shake my head, how stupid was I thinking that Tessa would ever come back?

I run back upstairs and lay in bed. She isn't ever coming back, why can't she just come back? I miss her so much.

She's the love of my life