F o u r t y o n e

Jack

I didn't know where I was going but all I knew was how badly I wanted to be dead right now. I start speeding, not even giving a damn anymore. I grab my phone and dial Tessa, it rings twice before she picks up.

"Jack I can't talk-"

"I'm done Tessa! I'm done!" I scream onto the phone and I could already see her worried face.

"Jack.. What's going on?" She asks and I begin to cry.

"I can't do this Tessa, I can't live without you!"
I yell. She tries calming me down but nothing works.

"Jack are you driving? God Jack be careful!" She says loudly.

"Since when do you care? You never cared! Because you never loved me! I'm a fucking waste of space because I was stupid to think that Tessa Maria Benson would ever love me!" I say yelling her name loudly.

"Tessa gilinsky." I mumble but loud enough for her to hear me. Cars start beeping at me, and I pull over to the side of the highway.

"W-what did you just say?" I hear her say.

"T-Tessa Maria Gilinksy." I mumble and she starts lightly crying on the end of the line.

"I love you." I say but get no response. Instead, she hangs up the phone leaving me. Once again. I carefully start to drive and call my father, he picks up on the instant.

"Jack?" He says in surprise.

"Dad-I uh. I need somewhere to stay. I don't want to be alone." I say and I could feel his smile.

"Of course, I'll text you the address." He says and I thank him hanging up. A few seconds later I get the address and head off to my fathers.

..

"So Jack, what made you stay here? Where's the lovely Tessa?" He asks and I give him a sad look.

"Oh-oh God I'm sorry." My fathers wife comes in along with Charles who is walking right behind her.

"Jack!" Charles yells and comes to hug me. I look at the little shit head, but gladly pick him up.

"Tessa?" He says and I look at him, smiling.

"She's not here anymore." I say and he frowns. He tilts his head at me, "Will she come back?"

"Uh- hopefully Charles. You and me both." I say and smile at my father who was standing next to his wife.

They show me to a room upstairs and Charles kept following me around everywhere. The little 7 year old wouldn't stop asking questions about Tessa.

"Did she leave you?" He asks and if it weren't for Tessa I would've beat this kid already.

"Something like that." I mumble. He gets into my bed and I take off my shirt, leaving me in my joggers.

"Do you love her? Just like my mommy and daddy love each other?" He asks and I smile, laying down on the bed.

"Yes, I love Tessa." I says and he smiles big.

"Make her your wife!" He says like its something so easy.

"If only she wanted to be my wife Charles." I say and he giggles a little.

"Of course she does! I've seen the way she looks at you. She loves you Jack!" He says excitedly.

"You talk too much now, what's gotten into you?" I ask and he laughs.

"I guess Tessa changed me too!" He says and I half smile at him. He lays his head on my chest and I didn't even want to push him off. I fall asleep like that, with Tessa on my mind.

I love you Tess, come back.