ChapterEighteen

Demi'sPOV;

I made sure my alarm was set early that day. 

6:00am the alarm rang loudly. I yawned and sat up. Rubbing my eyes I plodded over to the window and drew open the curtains. Great heavy rain. It was dark and gloomy outside.

I walked out my bedroom into the kitchen to be greeted by Toby meowing over by his food bowl. Bending down I petted him and tore open a pouch of whiskers cat food. I quickly ran back to my bedroom and threw on tracksuit bottoms and a hoodie. I slipped on my nike blazers and grabbed my car keys; running out the door.

Starting the car I drove, quickly to the hospital. The rain was hammering down on my windscreen. The wipers flicking it off. Once I arrived at the hospital I ran inside, straight to the pediatric ward. I ran over to Miyah's bed and she was just standing up pulling her coat on.

"Morning Baby." I hugged her tightly.

She smiled back at me and picked up her hospital bag. A paramedic strolled into the cubicle.

"Ready for your transfer back to the in patient unit Miyah?" He smiled.

She nodded and I took her bag off her, following her to the ambulance.

"I will follow in the car." I waved.

Climbing into my car I followed the ambulance closely. About 30 minutes later we arrived at the inpatient unit. I followed Miyah in. This time we were led down a different corridor. It was plain, unlike the other colourful side. It was also full of screaming people and loud sounds. We were taken to the end of the corridor and the nurse unlocked the big metal door. Inside was a plain white room with a bed, which was securely bolted to the floor. There was one chest of drawers that was also secured to the floor. Miyah walked into the room and perched herself on the end of the bed.

"We will take your stuff and sort out a weeks supply of clothes for you in here." The nurse explained, taking her bag away. "Oh also; Demi, this week whilst Miyah is in this special high dependency room you are not advised to visit. Once she is out and improved we will call you when it is safe to visit again." 

Miyah's face crumpled.

"B-B-.. Demi?" She mumbled. Tears forming in her eyes.

"I'm sorry baby." I grabbed her, pulling her into a tight hug and kissed her forehead. "I love you." I mouthed as I was led out the room.