ChapterTwelve

Demi's POV.

The whole weekend had been pretty miserable. Miyah has barley spoken to me. But now it's Monday. I didn't tell her, because she would plead me not to, but today I am going to see her headteacher. I need to sort out the bullying. That is the first obstacle towards Miyah's recovery. 

I waved good-bye to her and drove round the corner where I waited ten minutes to make sure everyone had gone.

Walking towards the enterance I was greated by the head master Mr Beeds. He held out his hand and shook mine firmly.

"Ah, yes Miss Lovato. Follow me into my office." He marched towards his office. He gestured me to sit down opposite his desk. 

I sat straight backed in the arm chair.

"So then Miss Lovato what seems to be the problem?" He questioned.

"I believe Miyah has been having a few problems since starting from a few girls called, Leah, Amy and Carly." I stated. "I didn't know much about them until Friday. I know Miyah has only been here for a few days but I also believe they're the girls who pushed Miyah over at the shopping center last week aswell. They didn't even know her at the time. I also witnessed on Friday a incident after school. Miyah said nothing is wrong but her two friends Josie and Lottie explained how mean they are."

"Hmm.." He mumbled. "I haven't had any reports on this." 

"Miyah hasn't even told me. She is shy and going through alot; I don't think people tend to admit to bullying, I certainly didn't." 

"I will look into it; Amy, Leah and Carly will all be questioned separately and I will have a few words with Miyah also. We don't tolerate bullying here. They will be held in detention every break and lunch for a month if these alligations are true. "He stated. "Thankyou for informing me." 

He stood up and opened the door. I was fuming. Bullies should be dealt with better than a detention. As soon as I got home I logged onto twitter. I hadn't been on for a few days.

I began to write a tweet. 'Bullying is a serious thing. People just brush it off. But hurting someones feelings, driving them to feel like they're worthless? I know how it feels. Don't bully people. If you see bullying happening stand up for the victim as you guys; my lovatics are strong. You know the right thing to do. Stay strong.' 

Within a few seconds I had thousands of replies, favourites and retweets. I smiled back at most the comments. 

I spent most the day food shopping, tidying and ironing. I'm like a housewife. I went to pick up Miyah. She came out school and slowly trudged towards my car. Flinging open the door she glared at me. Eyes puffy and red.

"Miyah?! Whats wrong babe?" I leaned over to hug her.

She pushed me away. "You had to go to school; nothing was wrong. I was fine. Now you've made everything a whole lot worse." Tears glistened her eyes.

"Miyah. I'm so sorry. I know what it was like to be bullied. I was trying to help; noone deserves to be treated like they're treating you. You're human. You deserve respect." 

We drove the whole way home in silence. 

As soon as we got home she ran straight upstairs and slammed her door. 

I sat on the table. My eyes began to sting. I rubbed them and took deep breathes. Determained not to cry. I am strong. I made spaghetti bolegnase and dished it onto two plates.

"Miyah" I yelled up the stairs..

No reply.

"MIYAH" I yelled louder. Silence.

Creeping up the stairs I pushed open her door. She was sat in the corner of her room with a blade in her hand. Both her arms were pouring with blood. I gasped with horror then ran over to her. Taking the blade I hugged her, so tightly. Neither of us said a word. I led her down the stairs and bandaged her arms. 

She actually ate her dinner. Inbetween mouthfulls she'd let out the tinest wince. She tried not to show her pain. She was so used to hiding it behind a smile. Today is the day she will start being real. Having a mixture of feelings. Mainly good. Today is the day I am going to start to turn her life around.