ChapterFourteen

Demi'sPOV

Part of me regrets this decision. But Miyah needs the help and support. If that police lady hadn't found her. Well I don't know what I would have done. I love Miyah. To me she is family.

Once I got home it was so quiet. It was weird, I'd been with her for a few weeks, but those few weeks had impacted my life hugely. 

I collapsed onto my bed and picked up my phone. Dialling in the number I sat cautiously biting my lip.

"Hi momma" I exclaimed. Trying to seem cheerful. But she knew something was up.

"Hi baby, what's wrong?" She asked concerned.

"N-n-.." I paused. "It's Miyah. She's been sectioned for attempted suicide and self harm, probably an eating disorder and god knows what else she's been hiding." A tear rolled down my cheek.

"Oh hun! Are you sure you can cope with her? Come home to us, your room is exactly how you left it." Mum giggled.

I forced a smile, hearing her voice again was wonderful.

"No, I promised Miyah I would be here for her; I'm going to help her recover. Also I vowed to staying in England for 3 years. I have only been here for 6 months. I need a break. But in the summer I'll be round, once Miyah is on the road to recovery I will bring her home to meet y'all." 

"As long as you're staying strong aswell sweetie, I love you." She chirped.

"I love you too momma. Bye." 

I hung up the phone and burried my face into my pillow sobbing.

That night was so strange. It felt weird being in an empty house again. I didn't like it one bit.

The next morning I woke up at 6am. Rushing around, getting things ready only to realise that Miyah wasn't getting up. Instead I clambered into my car and drove to the pet store in town. Once there I looked around. I needed company for me, and something for Miyah to look foward too. I was loosing hope; just as I was walking out the shop I spotted a small mesh pen, I bent down to it. A small ginger kitten trotted over towards me, I leant my hand into the pen and the kitten nuzzled its moist nose against my hand. I stroked it. Smiling.

"Urr... Excuse me." I waved my hand at the cashier.

She strolled over. "Yes Ma'am." She asked

"I'd like this kitten please." I smiled, picking him up.

I cradled him in my hand; petting his soft ginger fur. I followed the lady to the tills and handed over £50 for my new kitten, I also brought him a blue collar, food, a blue bowl and  a little bed. Smiling I took  a few photos on my phone to show Miyah.

Once I had taken the kitten home I made my way to visit Miyah. Once I arrived there I was led down the corridor back to her room. She was laying in her bed, feet on the wall, staring at nothing.

"Hello hun." I smiled.

She didn't even move. She just seemed empty.

I continued. "When you're all better I am taking you to America to meet my family, we can spend the summer there." 

I sat on the edge of her bed, stroking her hair. 

"Look." I took my phone out my pocket. "I brought you a kitten, for when you're better. I will look after him till you come home." I smiled. "What do you want to call him?"

She sat up, and looked at me. Smiling slightly. 

"Toby." She mumbled. 

I smiled back at her and then pulled her in for a hug. I spent a few hours with her then went home.

Arriving home I looked around for Toby. Hopping up the stairs I pushed open Miyahs room and saw him, asleep on the end of her bed. It is like he knew. I picked him up burrying my face into his fur, repeating Toby over and over again.