ChapterFour

Demi's POV.

Miyah has been in the bathroom for an hour nearly now. I walked over towards the bathroom and tapped lightly on the door. 

"Miyah, are you ok?" I asked, polietly.

"I,ur,yes." She replied between sniffles.

I wasn't taking that answer, I pushed the door open with a soft push, knowing she was sat against it. Once inside I knelt beside her. Noticing pink scars snaking up both her arms. A fresh looking cut was bleeding aswell.

"Oh sweetie" 

A lump rose in my throat. I walked over to the cabinet and pulled out a bandage to wrap around Miyahs skinny arm. Walking towards her she looked up at me trembling.

"It's ok, I know exactly how you must be feeling" I explained, sympathetically.

Wrapping the bandage tightly around her arm I pulled her in for a hug. She clung onto my tighly and sobbed into my shoulder. She seemed to want to just go to bed. So I allowed her to skip this meal. I know it's not exactly brilliant. Especially as I know alot about eating disorders, I just didn't want to force anything on her. She was in for a hectic night. Once in her room I tucked her in tightly and kissed her forhead. A bit of reassurance is the most I could give right now. Flicking of the light and shutting the door I knew I was going to regret my next move. But I had to. Or I could be convicted of something like kidnap. 

Picking up the phone I dialed the local police station.

"Hello, how can I help you this evening?" The lady asked.

"I, ur. Well it's a long story. A young girl who is no older than fourteen called Miyah climbed through my flat window about 5pm earlier today. She was very scruffy and skinny looking and seemed to be running away from someone. I don't know much about her, she seems scared and lost. I promised I wouldn't call the cops on her, she was very cautious. But I have to do the right thing." I explained. Hoping I didn't sound like a maniac.

"Right, ok. Well thats an unusual one for me to come across" She explained. Confused.

"She seems pretty frightened." I replied.

"We're going to send round a couple of officers to escort her down to the station, could you give me your name and adress."

"Okay, thankyou. I'm Demi Lovato, and right now I'm living at cottington flats, London, number 6. Please don't be too harsh on her, I know i've only known her for a few hours and she did climb through my window. But I already care about her."

"The Demi Lovato?! Oh god. I didn't  even know you were in England." She replied. Shocked.

"Yeah. I guess it is me. I don't need anyone knowing I'm here though. I'm having a break and enjoying Great Britain."

"Ok, well two officers are on their way round now. Thankyou bye."

With that the line went dead, I half regretted what I just done. Miyah had gained trust in me and now I was pratically handing her over to the police. But if i didn't phone them I could be convicted as a criminal.Or I could wake up dead. There was a light tapping on the door. Instantly I walked over and unlocked the door, there I was greated by two smiling police officers. One male and the other female.

"Miss Lovato, we are here for Miyah" The lady smiled.

"Okay, she is currently asleep, but come in and get her."

"We will also need to take you to the police station to get a statement off you" The male officer replied, barging past me up the stairs.

Standing. Completley shocked and worried for that poor girl, I'd only just met her. But I felt a connection.